Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’m starting to feel that Obiwan isn’t happening. Which sucks.

ship90 and Dodger like this.
  2. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Get Out on the brain

Aregala likes this.
  3. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

"I would have preferred a LANDO film instead"

bradley-whitford-godzilla.jpg

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I have no idea why. I remember hearing there were like a huge number of people wanting to do it and sending in scripts and stuff, then they in talks with that director. The majority of fans want it to see Ewan as Obi-Wan again. of the "Star Wars Story" stand alones that have been rumored its the only one people want. I think it makes too much sense for them.

5. Greg

Yea, it seems odd. But maybe with all the issues with Solo lead them to decide to move on from a movie like that? I don’t know.

It’s certainly the only standalone movie idea based on a character that I actually want to see.

6. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Nah we gotta see the Kessell Run baby, because if theres one thing we all love about Star Wars, it’s prequel movies that explain all the mysteries from the originals

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I love Star Wars but isn’t this too much? I honestly would have been okay with episode 7-9 and then waiting 10 years for 10-12. Every movie would feel so special that way. I know these are huge cash cows but I’m worried it’s just too much that it’s going to take some of the magic away.

8. NitrateDawn

Regular

To be fair, this is a TV series (I couldn't tell from the original wording of the tweet either).

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's hard not to be excited about having Favreau at the helm of a new series, but Lucasfilm is starting to come off as super tone deaf.

10. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I know but it’s still more live action Star Wars content. Don’t get me wrong I’m excited. Just worried it’s all too much.

11. NitrateDawn

Regular

I get that. I feel like for me, having so many movies might exhaust my interest because of the hype cycle that comes with each one, but that doesn't happen so much for TV so I'm fine with as many as they want to make haha.

Although I'll say I've seen/felt virtually no hype for Solo and it's been really nice haha

loudasallgetout likes this.
  12. ship90

Trusted

Nice little update, 2019 is going to be a crazy year

13. NitrateDawn

Regular

Doing a series rewatch of Rebels and there's so much that I didn't remember happening, and lots that is really enhanced by having the ending in mind. All the stuff with Zeb and Kallus, in particular when they're stuck on that ice moon, is hitting me in the gut.

Dodger likes this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Dropped a new podcast on Leia, Princess of Alderaan today. It may or may not just be a gush fest on how much we like Claudia Gray's SW work. Leia, Princess of Alderaan

Dodger likes this.
  15. Dodger

The behind the scenes stuff in these movies is absurd

16. NitrateDawn

Regular

Don't remember if this observation has been made in here yet, but at the end of Rebels season 3 the Bendu tells Thrawn "I see your defeat, like many arms in a cold embrace." Talk about foreshadowing.

spiffa0, bodkins and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  17. Greg

I mentioned it somewhere

NitrateDawn likes this.
  18. Dodge725

Trusted

New Forces of Destiny are out on YouTube. The Porg one is wonderful and the Leia one is pretty big for canon junkies.

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm going to see A New Hope with a live symphony accompaniment on Saturday. So excited.

20. Dodger

That sounds fucking incredible. Super jealous and I hate you.

aoftbsten likes this.
  21. Our nursery is star wars themed and I hung these up today. They are the trading cards from the last jedi that were available opening night.

[​IMG]

22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It was pretty great! Not to rub it in haha.

There’s so many little parts of the score which I never really noticed before. The beginning of the film and the start of the trench run in particular stood out. Plus it’s a fun crowd too. There’s cheering, but not so much that it’s obnoxious. Highly recommend if you ever get the chance.

My only gripe was that they didn’t play the cantina scene. The recorded version played there for some reason.

23. Dodger

Yeah after you posted this I immediately looked it up around me lol Theres actually a lot of these types of screenings it seems. Which I found odd. Maybe its something specific for this year? Idk but I think I will try to go to one this year in September because yeah as you described it sounds super fun.

Also thats weird about the Cantina scene. I listened to some live versions of the Cantina music and it didnt sound nearly as magical. Idk how events like this go with the venue/sound or anything and if they mic the instruments but maybe its hard to capture what should be a small ensemble live without mics and they didnt want to mic it? Idk.

24. Dog with a Blog

If we're never gonna get a sequel (we're not), I'd love to see a Republic Commando remaster. Although, I'm not sure who has the rights since Lucasarts doesn't exist anymore

25. NitrateDawn

Regular

I assume it’s EA. So you’d probably get a crappy reboot instead.

Dog with a Blog likes this.