Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. I'm sure this was meant for me, but I hope you like it! Our latest episode is a fun place to start. We're debating a theory of mine re: :rey: and :han:

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Just finished the Rebels finale and it only makes me realize that I should have definitely watched Clone Wars first haha. @Jacob Tender looking forward to that tool you're working on. would be super handy

3. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited that the digital version of TFA goes up tonight. Going to try to get my daughter to watch it with me sometime this weekend.

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

That finale left me wanting so much more! Which I guess was the point.

I really need some finality to that certain character.

5. I didn't really care for Dark Disciple. I'm gonna start Lords of the Sith soon, which I hope is better.

6. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

It was lol. I really liked it. I listen to probably...5 or 6 Star Wars podcasts a week or so (i have a 30 minute commute to work, so i can kill a podcast a day) and i was surprised how much I liked you and your co-host. There's a lot of SW podcasts that are hard to listen to for a multitude of reasons, but you guys don't have awful voices, bad humor, and actually seem to have some thoughtful conversations. I'm a fan!

Jacob Tender likes this.
  7. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Rebels finale was crazy. Do we think Ezra is going to go dark?

8. Thank you so much. We know that there are literally over 90 Star Wars podcasts people could be listening to, so we're trying to set ourselves apart in some way. We're pushing for clearer and tighter production and like you said, thoughtful conversations as opposed to the latest rumors and news. I think I can speak for both of us when I say that we're glad you're enjoying the show.

I'm curious. Which other shows do you listen to?

9. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Yes, and I hope there is a lot of Old Republic knowledge in that holocron.

10. Tyler

Regular Supporter

Hmmmmm better get a good writer then.

11. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

Fuck that April Fools joke about the Netflix series about Darth Maul, that'd be ao damn cool. I'm actually upset it's a joke.

12. cbow52

Yea, i like the production on your show a lot. There's so many shows that want to put every line and sound from the movies into their intros, it gets annoying and kind of cheesy. I haven't listened to any of the previous stuff, but I like that you guys were discussing books too (from what i hear). At least from the podcasts i've listened to, there's a lack of quality conversations about the new canon.

Rebel Force Radio, Starwars Underworld, Coffee with Kenobi, Now this is podcasting, cantinacast, rebelgirl..and a few others i don't usually get around to. But Bantha Fodder is going up twoards the top of that rotation for sure.

As long as he's not writing it i'm ok. I don't mind his direction so much.

13. cbow52

i could tell it was a joke from the start. It was posted on makingstarwars.net by the guy who played Quinlan Voss, who's basically a cosplayer.

GettingSodas likes this.
  14. GettingSodas

I honestly couldn't and now I'm upset because I really want a Canon back story about Maul on the screen.

For me, I'm not huge on the Star Wars canon universe outside of movies and shows. It'll always be about those for me. So Maul's stuff there isn't as exciting for me.

15. cbow52

well, there's only one thing right now that's canon that isn't in movies or shows so you haven't missed out on much.

16. GettingSodas

There's tons of comics.

17. GettingSodas

Are they not canon?

18. We're flattered. We've done one book so far. One of Jason Fry's YA novels. I think we'll talk Aftermath soon. I finished it, but Mike hadn't yet.

The intros for a lot of the shows I listen to are so bad. I generally skip them. We went for something simple and icon to Star Wars history. Mike does all of the arrangements you'll hear in the show too. We like to experiment.

For news, I recommend Podcast 2187. Their production really bothers me sometimes, but they go through all of the news I generally want to hear about on a weekly basis (spoiler and non-spoiler sections). Idiot's Array has some great moments for canon dissection, so I can recommend them as well. Those are my two go-to's, but I occasionally listen to The Nerfherder Council (some local guys in Cleveland), Blabba The Hutt (really supportive members of the podcasting community), My Star Wars Story (depending on the guest), Rebel Grrrl (for a female perspective), Unmistakably Star Wars (new show, great production so far), and Tarkin's Top Shelf (for book discussions).

19. GettingSodas likes this.
  20. GettingSodas

Ohhhh oh gotcha sorry.

21. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

:lightsaber::obi::boba::bb8::c3po::bb8::hux::vader::ackbar::redsaber::lightsaber::wampa::deathstar::kylo:

I just love these emojis

Jason Tate and GettingSodas like this.
  22. williek311 likes this.
  23. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

24. Haha That would be a hard one to pull off at this size I think. Jason and I had a hard enough time finding scalable versions of the official SW emoji you see here. :bb8:
    [​IMG]