Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. No discussion on the last few eps of Rebels? I'm really loving this season.

Wonder if they both will die by the end or if it will just be Kanan.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm a few episodes behind on Rebels. Gonna try to catch up tonight. I loved the pair of episodes where they return to Lothal.

3. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

This season has been great. Really curious to see how this half of the season ends.

lothwolf has been interesting. Them transporting the crew made me think of Twilight Princess haha

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I almost posted something on Monday but decided not to. Yes the episodes are fun and that's really what the show is all about, but I've been kind of disappointed. It's the last season so I was hoping for some more meaningful storylines. i don't want more of these one off adventures to places and new insignificant assassins being added. Give us the good stuff!

5. Greg

Saving Lothal is clearly the big picture mission here. Having it broken up amongst a few episodes allows a much more in depth view at what they will actually do to save it.

Well, hopefully save it. This could end badly.

6. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I wrote a couple articles on this season so far, just didn't post them in here (but you can find them here if anyone is interested). I'm liking the Lothal storyline. It feels like most stories would last 2-3 episodes (if not just one), so getting more time on Lothal has been interesting.

There's only one more episode before the mid-season break so I'm debating doing some theories or ideas on how they'll conclude the season with the second half.

Also, just did a podcast on Phasma by Delilah S. Dawson, which you can check out if you've read the book. There's a lot of SW content to enjoy right now so I'm sure I'll have plenty more episodes on the podcast with more books coming soon and TLJ.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

8. NitrateDawn

Regular

Now THIS is closer to what I want out of Disney making non-Saga films. *crosses fingers* Please let it not take place around the OT...

9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Please be Knights of the Old Republic era

Ed59_ and bodkins like this.
  10. Why did anyone think this wasn't what they were going to do longterm?

Also, "new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored" seems pretty clear to me that it's not gonna be anything we're expecting.

bodkins likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Well, I'm stoked for more Star Wars topics for the podcast now haha. Can't wait to see where they take the trilogy.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

bodkins likes this.
  13. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

[​IMG] Im so fucking happy right now. And so much less bummed Rian isnt doing episode 9.

14. Greg

My brain is crying tears of joy

ship90 likes this.
  15. ship90

Trusted

This is kinda the catch all Star Wars thread, thought someone here might dig this? I kinda do!

Also, I'm finally going to make the jump into books (I know, I'm so late!). Going to start Bloodline this weekend.

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  16. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Prepare to be sucked down the rabbit hole. Was my first book too. After that I highly recommend reading Leia:princess of Alderaan before TLJ if you have enough time. Same author. Great contrast between where she is now and where she was back then. And you get a great intro to Crait and Holdo (Laura Derns character).

ship90 likes this.
  17. Dodge725

Trusted

If anyone is looking to jump in on the comics, now is a great time as there’s a new writer on board for the main Star Wars line and the first arc (starts at issue 38) deals with Luke, Leia, and Han going to Jedha in the aftermath of Rogue One and running into Saw’s Partisans.

18. Dodge725

Trusted

Campaign for Battlefront 2 is really cool as it directly mirrors and intertwines with the Aftermath Trilogy. If you’re looking for a sprawling game that spans a long time frame, it’s not that yet, but will be with the future free DLC that’s coming out after The Last Jedi. The characters aren’t amazing, unless you read the novel first as the game is pretty bare bones, but it’s a fun experience that connects really well to all the canon.

ship90 likes this.
  19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea the story for the BF2 campaign is weaker than expected based on the trailers, but still fun to play.

20. Greg

Ummmmmmm....

So, I’m the new Luke book, Luke mentions Senator Amidala. And that story takes place during a time where he has already lost his hand but still has a blue lightsaber. I am so confused

21. Dodge725

Trusted

The new Luke book is all in-universe stories and myths so they’re not 100% set in stone. Just stories people tell about him that may or may not be true.

22. SteveLikesMusic

Some good trolling at the end of the BF2 campaign with regards to rey's parents

23. Greg

Sure, but this book is canon. If it’s gonna be BS nonsense, what’s the point? Don’t waste my time with a book about the character we have been told the least about and spent the least amount of time with on unreliable stories. And market it as the journey to the Last Jedi? What’s the point?

I shouldn’t be surprised. The first story was total nonsense.

24. SteveLikesMusic

Yeaaaa that Luke book sounds like the first total fail of the new canon.

25. Greg

I mean, the one Story was alright so far. But the rest has been kind of pointless. Still have a couple not storied to read.

But yea, not loving it.