Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

2. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Haha. I love Rebels!

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm on season one still

Spoilers for Clone Wars and Ahsoka I'd be good

4. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Ah yeah. I would hold off on this then haha.

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. Dodge725

Trusted

Finally caught up with the Poe Dameron comic and it had an interesting development that could be hinting at where the movies are going with his character. I won't spoil it but they seem to be sowing the in story seeds for dealing with Leia's...unknown future in the latest issue (14), as well as serving as a nice little nod to Carrie Fisher's passing and her legacy through the eulogy of another character. Even though the series hasn't been my favorite, it's worth checking out this one issue I think.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  6. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

looks like Clone Wars will actually be leaving Netflix in June, just got a notification as I was watching :(

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I'm really into the Screaming Citadel. Aphra and Luke make a great team.

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

When does the new Vader comic come out?

9. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

June 7th!

teebs41 likes this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Deanna likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Same. The first series was great. Have a podcast episode on volume one going up this week!

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to finishing the Dr Aphra series. Loved it so much. She's basically a twisted Indiana Jones in the Star Wars universe. Can't wait to start The Screaming Citadel.

coleslawed and Henry like this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Just picked up the first graphic novel. Diving in this week and couldn't be more excited!

teebs41 likes this.
  14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Well that sounds like perfect timing haha. I'll post the episode in here tomorrow once it's up if you'd like to check it out when you finish reading.

15. Finally finished the aftermath trilogy. The overall arc was fine but the writing was bad and it seemed to drag on forever.

If I was ranking books I read...

Bloodline
    Ahsoka
    Catalyst
    Tarkin
    A New Dawn
    Aftermath trilogy

I really enjoyed them all except aftermath. Thrawn is up next.

Deanna likes this.
  16. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Here's that Darth Vader podcast I mentioned: Darth Vader Vol. 1

Always a fun time to talk Star Wars. If there's any book/comic/etc. that you all would like to see covered on the podcast, I'm definitely open to suggestions.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I have no idea what people see in Catalyst. I couldn't even finish it. Easily the worst of the new canon to me.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Rebel Rising is solid, I recommend it if you're looking for more character development from Jyn and Saw.

I'm also binging S3 of Rebels and really enjoying it.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. NitrateDawn

Regular

Made Windu is getting his own comic series, for those of you who somehow think he's a good character.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Heh, I mean, he was a decent character in Clone Wars.

NitrateDawn likes this.
  21. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

this was supposed to be a thing a few months back. I panicked and bought all the season on blu-ray, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Who knows though.

It's interesting for sure. Hopefully there's some good stuff that comes out of it. I think after this arc there should be only one more of the big 3 before we get into Empire. I'd be cool with Aphra being around for a while too.

Yea, Aphra has really been the best new thing to come out of the comics. They're giving her a action figure soon too. Would really love to see her in another medium.

I really loved Life Debt and Empire's End. I know it would be hard for most people to actually do it, but i recommend going back and reading the first aftermath. You enjoy it a lot more the second time around without the expectations going in and knowing who the characters are now.

for me it's

Bloodline
    Aftermath trilogy
    Thrawn
    Catalyst
    Dark Disciple
    A New Dawn
    Ahsoka
    Lost Stars
    Lords of the Sith
    Battlefront: Twilight Company
    Tarkin
    Heir to the Jedi

anbout to start on rebel rising

really? i thought it was great.

He's a hardly developed character, like a lot of other Star Wars characters before they get more in depth stories. I'm very excited. I'm hoping they do more of these with different jedi too.

Also, I just finished Thrawn and he's quickly risen as one of my favorite characters. He's awesome on Rebels, but he's basically like a Sherlock Holmes in this book. The supporting characters in the book are really really good as well. And could be pretty important going forward. Without giving too much, I came into this book thinking that i'd just get some backstory about Thrawn before he meets his end in season 4 of Rebels, but i now feel very convinced he won't die in Rebels, and that his overall story has a lot more to it. I'm very excited for season 4 and to see what happens.

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The last few episodes of Rebels S3 were so, so good.

23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it looks like Netflix is getting ahead of all of those "What's Leaving This Month" blogs and actually putting those types of notifications on the shows within the app now. Clone Wars is gone June 7 :/

24. cbow52

aka livethesounds Prestigious

do you have that from some authority or are you just saying that? they had that like maybe 2 months ago on the Clone Wars saying it was leaving in april, and it never did. They have those on other shows too.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

IMG_0486.PNG