Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 22

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Ahsoka is a top 3 character in the universe in my opinion. Her book was great.

2. Dodge725

Trusted

Battlefront 2 panel was surprisingly dense and cool. Beyond the gameplay stuff they confirmed the single player campaign following an Imperial Special Forces unit in canon between Jedi and Force Awakens. The squad will be the same one that's introduced in the upcoming book Inferno Squad which is set right after Rogue One, both starring a new character Iden Versio who fully believes in the Empire and its mission.

3. bodkins

Trusted

Battlefront was super underwhelming for me so I went into the panel pretty skeptical. Gotta say the campaign does sound intriguing. Trying to be cautiously optimistic. I feel like it's still highly possible that they have a 4 hour campaign with a rushed story though I hope that's not the case.

4. Just saw Rey's light saber goes from blue to red in the poster and I want this movie now

Deanna, Greg and coleslawed like this.
  5. Dodge725

Trusted

Totally agree. I liked a lot of the gameplay stuff they mentioned so at least if the campaign is short, there'll be more to do and the more eras/maps the better.

I got a poster for the Inferno Squad and Phasma books signed late in the day by the authors, the pin trading pins I was wanting most, saw Rebels S4 E1, and most importantly a personalized Mark Hamill signature so today was basically perfect.

6. bodkins

Trusted

That sounds so awesome. Planning on being at the next Celebration, this one was too close to my wedding to work.

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The battlefront trailer looks unreal good

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm reading Lost Stars and had a lot of free time today and read about 100 pages. Just finished the bit that covers the major events of A New Hope... in one chapter

Incredible

9. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Celebration was amazing! It was absolutely unreal being in the same room as George Lucas and hearing him talk about Star Wars. A great reward for lining up at 8pm the night before. Harrison Ford was also a great surprise but he didn't really talk that much, but just the fact that he was there was really awesome for everyone in the room.

Seeing Hayden Christiansen get a standing ovation was really great. As someone who loved the prequels growing up, it felt great to see him so excited to be there and the fans accepting him.

Billie Lourde's tribute to her mother was so touching and I was already a wreck by this point from all that had happened. It was so great hearing her do her mother's, "Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi," speech.

I was about 3 rows back, maybe 30 feet from John Williams when the curtains open. I was so enraptured by what everyone was saying and so emotional already that I was trembling and couldn't believe what was happening. It was such a special moment.

I stayed overnight the next night as well and we were rewarded with an impromptu visit from Rian Johnson. He was going thru the line with a mob of people around him at first and I sort of shouted that Brick was my favorite movie and he turned and hi fived me. I later met him afterwards-he really stayed for 4 hours meeting everyone-and got my badge signed and got a picture with him. He is such an awesome and genuine dude, he's really a fan just like us and knows what that type of thing would mean to us.

I was awestruck the entire Last Jedi panel and that poster was incredible. I am framing it and putting it next to my Empire Strikes Back theatre display. The trailer is incredible. I love the scene of Rey on the cliff practicing with her laser sword.

It was an incredible experience and I can't wait until 2019.

10. Dodge725

Trusted

Has anyone played the Star Wars: Destiny card game? I'm thinking about getting into it, but wanted to get some feedback on it first.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So I've been recording rebels waiting to have a huge chunk of them to watch. I'm up to 43 episodes I'm a bit confused though outside seasons 1 2 and 3 I have these additional episodes, two called the sparks of the rebellion and one called steps into shadow pt 1 and 2. What order do those extras fall into the series?

12. ChaseTx

I know Spark of Rebellion is the premiere. On my season one DVD those are episodes one and two. Don't know about the other one but I'm sure you can look it up

bodkins likes this.
  13. bodkins

Trusted

Sparks of the Rebellion is technically episode 1 and 2 of season 1 I'm pretty sure. Steps into shadow was the first episode of season season 3 which was also a double episode if memory serves. Have fun marathoning!

teebs41 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Thanks for clearing that up haha!

bodkins likes this.
  15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm missing quite a few episodes in season 2 lol have all of three and most of one though

16. I'm rewatching clone wars and the arc where maul takes over mandalore is so good

RJ Knorr, aoftbsten and ChaseTx like this.
  17. Dodge725

Trusted

Finished Thrawn and really enjoyed it. Surprisingly Governor Pryce was the standout character to me as the book made me really interested in her character who I have been lukewarm at best on in the show. Highly recommend it for Rebels fans, but I'm not sure how interested those who don't watch the show will be since it's really just backstory for Thrawn and Pryce.

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Been on a Star Wars kick the past few days and just immersed myself in a bit of everything - watched a bunch of Rebels since I never got past the first half of S1 (now midway through S2), read Catalyst and thought it was enjoyable enough and now have to watch Rogue One again and finally started to dig into the big pile of comics I bought but never read. It's been a good time.

coleslawed, bodkins, RJ Knorr and 2 others like this.
  19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I also read catalyst over the past week or so. I enjoyed it. I tried reading aftermath and couldn't get past the 1st chapter.

20. ChaseTx

I need to re-skim Aftermath and pick up Life Debt

21. It's been tough to finish empires end. The guy is a bad author.

22. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

ship90 and coleslawed like this.
  23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

aoftbsten likes this.
  24. Dodge725

Trusted

The Rogue One comic adaptation is pretty interesting. The art is just ok but there's quite a few new things they've added that make it really worth it. If you loved Rogue One you might want to look into the trade when it comes out.

I also got Guardians of the Whills and Rebel Rising, the two new Rogue One related books, this week so I'll be plowing through those this weekend. Really excited to read more about Jyn growing up with Saw.

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

aoftbsten, RJ Knorr and ChaseTx like this.