Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 159

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. bodkins

Trusted

If you can remember, come back here and tell me what you think when you get to the end.

2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Will do!

bodkins likes this.
  3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed, JRShoenberger and bodkins like this.
  4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Here. For. It.

coleslawed likes this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

A gungan marauder? I was enjoying this book until now lol

6. EntryLevelTank

Just finished. Enjoyed it greatly. Excited for the next book.

bodkins likes this.
  7. bodkins

Trusted

Nice! The twist at the end with Marchion Ro really cemented him as one of my favorite additions to canon in quite sometime. He’s also great in The Rising Storm (Scott) that just dropped. That one is probably tied with Into The Dark (Claudia Gray) as my favorite THR book thus far.

Dodge725 likes this.
  8. Lucasfilm hires viral YouTube deepfaker who's better than them
    f you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. That classic piece of advice is so accurate that apparently not even major Hollywood studios are too good to follow it. Case in point: Lucasfilm just hired Shamook, the digital artist responsible for several Star Wars deepfakes that went viral on YouTube for being significantly more believable than the studio’s own CGI efforts.

The two videos that most likely caught Lucasfilm’s attention are deepfakes of Luke Skywalker in The Mandalorian and of Tarkin and Princess Leia in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The former is just shy of 3 million views in under six months, making it Shamook’s second most popular video behind the one with Harrison Ford in Solo: A Star Wars Story. The Rogue One edits are the most noticeably improved by Shamook’s work, as they rid Tarkin of his nearly emaciated look and jolt a bit more life into him.

coleslawed and oakhurst like this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Hopefully they allow him to redo Luke’s face in the season 2 finale

10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd prefer them to just recast, but if it's going to prevent another weird-looking CGI-Tarkin I guess it's a step up.

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It wouldn't surprise me if they did redo the Mando finale plus the Tarkin & Leia scenes in RO for Disney+

12. EntryLevelTank

Just gimme Sebastian Stan.

spiffa0 and aoftbsten like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I'm guessing this means more Luke in season 3

14. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Considering Luke was in that poster, I’ll think we’ll be seeing more of him.

15. bodkins

Trusted

If not his own show. There were so many back door pilots in that season (Boba, Ashsoka, Rangers) it’s not out of the question to assume the final season was one. I was just talking to a buddy the day before the hiring was announced. I don’t wanna see a season worth of shitty cgi, but with the tech getting better exponentially and now this hiring it’s highly likely we’ll be getting much more Luke in one way or another.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Give me a Jabba deepfake in the special edition A New Hope

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I only watched it once but I remember thinking Luke looked really good in that finale... am I remembering wrong lol

18. bodkins

Trusted

It’s much improved over Tarkin, but to my (in no way professional) eyes it mostly appeared off when he was speaking.

19. bodkins

Trusted

Today’s Bad Batch was an absolute 10/10. These last few episodes are gonna be a great.
    Gregor! I had hoped it was him in the opening shot. The pacing of this episode was incredible and those shots of Wrecker in the gunner were classic Star Wars.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think it was a hair better than Tarkin. The mouth is the biggest flaw for sure, but it's also just how unnaturally smooth he looked.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's crazy that CGI Snoke looked more real than any of them. But it doesn't help that the Tarkin, Luke and Leia CGI all had real people to compare against.

22. bodkins

Trusted

Yea, that’s uncanny valley kicking in.

23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Halloween Star Wars special set after episode IX

418EE059-FB62-4839-9A0D-8572D03A84D6.jpeg

Indigo, bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

holy fuck

[​IMG]

25. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed and bodkins like this.