Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 158

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't started The Rising Storm yet, but I enjoyed The Light of the Jedi and am really loving The High Republic comic series.

bodkins likes this.
  2. Dodge725

Trusted

Cavan Scott is writing the comics and wrote The Rising Storm and there’s already some good connections and the events of that comic are felt in the novel.

bodkins likes this.
  3. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I read Test of Courage with my daughter and it was pretty solid. I need to get the second one.

bodkins likes this.
  4. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

September 22nd.

5. JRShoenberger

Trusted

It looks really interesting. Do we know how long each episode will be?

it also looks like they were given a TON of freedom to create new characters, places, and lore. I wonder how much of it will stick or be used again in the future.

coleslawed likes this.
  6. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I'm not really a stickler for these sorts of things, but I thought it was pretty hilarious they referenced draconian tactics in the last Bad Batch episode.

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That stood out to me too haha. A year from now we'll hear about the sith lord Darth Dracon or something to explain it.

Daniel likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I did enjoy the episode though. The escape sequence at the end gave me some Rogue One vibes. I'm continually impressed with the animation in this series. That budget is not going to waste.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. Yeah the animation is wild. Two episodes ago with cad bane and the fog on the walkways was such beautiful animation.

10. Finished the second Thrawn Ascendancy book. Like the other Thrawn trilogy, the second book is weaker than the first. It's more of a set up I feel for the third. And it doesn't seem like Thrawn was even in it that much.

11. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I’m listening to the audiobook for Light of the Jedi right now

spiffa0 likes this.
  12. MidDave

Ummm hi bad batch….not gonna spoil anything but interesting start.

13. bodkins

Trusted

Bad Batch was great today.
    It was awesome to be back in Ryloth and getting some Hera/Syndulla clan backstory was great.

Chopper! He looked fantastic as did a lot of the shots this week. The moon(?) they met Bad Batch on looks amazing as did the shot once they returned to Ryloth.

I really liked how they used the Bad Batch in this one. It was cool to see some side stories a la TCW and for it to tie in to the Bad Batch part way through. It feels like an arc is forming and I’d love if the show does this more in S2 and beyond.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. MidDave

God I love the Biomes thing. I need more of these.

15. What an episode. Really enjoyed it

bodkins likes this.
  16. bodkins

Trusted

aoftbsten likes this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Nice, looking forward to it.

bodkins likes this.
  18. Dodge725

Trusted

The Rising Storm was awesome. I think my favorite thing about this era is the amount of diversity in the characters’ stories. There’s so many Jedi and they are all dealing with really interesting and unique problems that are really relatable and different from what we’ve seen before. I can list 10 characters off the top of my head who I can’t wait to learn more about and see their journey’s continue and there’s still more being introduced in every book/comic. I’ve really been blown away by this entire initiative.

bodkins likes this.
  19. MidDave

Good ep

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I somehow fell a few episodes behind. Hoping to catch up this weekend.

21. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it’ll be a nice little arc to catch up with

22. bodkins

Trusted

Some new High Republic content announced today. Charles Soule is doing a Marchion Ro comic miniseries in January. Ro has been my favorite part of the High Republic era by far so I’m hoping this means he’ll be getting some more spotlight.

23. Definition of filler episode of the bad batch

24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I caught up this week and last few episodes were great. Little sad to hear about this for this weeks episode.

25. MidDave

Ive been listening to Light of the Jedi and he’s one of the characters that’s really standing out so I’m excited to hear that.

bodkins likes this.