Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 151

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. bodkins

Trusted

Pretty sure I already know the answer to this but....

Are there any solid Star Wars Facebook groups out there? Don’t need everyone to agree on everything, but would love to find one that’s civil if they’re out there.

2. ryhhno

Well I basically fell in love with the Bad Batch about 10 minutes after their first appearance. And they’re getting their own spinoff? Yes please.

bodkins likes this.
  3. ryhhno

And with that, The Clone Wars is complete. I’m absolutely at a loss for words. I’ve been a Star Wars fan literally my entire life and I’ve never felt anything like the way the end of this show made me feel. What a goddamn masterpiece. Holy shit.

4. I wish I could convince more people to watch the clone wars. It's a rough watch in the beginning but it is incredible. Even if I could get someone to watch the siege of mandalore arc, I think that would convince them to go through the whole thing.

5. JRShoenberger

Trusted

The animation style isn’t terribly smooth, and the style was an acquired taste for me. So it get it.

but it’s so good.

6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

This is what I digged so much about it. I also loved how they focused on new characters but still kept it grounded in the greater Star Wars narrative and those characters.

7. ryhhno

I know it’s been said many times in here but now having seen TCW, ROTS was 10x more powerful and tragic. Seeing the clones turn on the Jedi after everything they’ve been through was really tough to watch. Switching gears and am going to play through Jedi: Fallen Order, then Solo, then Rebels.

8. GBlades

Trusted

I really went through Clone Wars and Rebels recently but they really had some of my favourite Star Wars moments to date. I had only really seen the movies but after seeing Rise I decided to go into the rest of the lore and I'm glad I did. Really expands the SW knowledge and fills in the gaps. The characters have become some of my favourites and really excited to see where Ahsoka/Ezra/Rex etc go.

9. ryhhno

LETS GO

10. bodkins

Trusted

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES

11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Weekly release instead of all at once I'm presuming?

I'm really excited. After doing my chronological watch I noticed that there was a pretty big time jump between III and Solo where the Empire is fully established, so I'm excited that this takes place during that time

coleslawed likes this.
  12. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Just finished clone wars, some really incredible stuff in the last few episodes, can't wait for bad batch

bodkins likes this.
  13. Dodge725

Trusted

Finished Alphabet Squadron: Victory’s Price and it was great. I think the High Republic stuff was a great pallet cleanser so I was super excited to get back into the Empire vs New Republic stuff. Those books are really personal and I really can’t recommend them enough, but they’re definitely not for everyone.

JeanRalphio likes this.
  14. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Will finish shadow fall this week, was planning on reading bloodline before VP but idk if I can handle a break from this yet, one of my favorite star wars stories so far

15. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

16. ryhhno

coleslawed and stars143 like this.
  17. stars143

Trusted

The Star Wars Ewoks news is exciting too! I haven't seen those since I was a kid

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

That Clone Wars miniseries ruled. Glad it's getting on there for more people to discover.

The live action Ewok films being on there is pretty wild to me, lol. Also wild that the animated debut of Boba Fett is being pulled from the Holiday Special & thrown on as its own short film.

19. JRShoenberger

Trusted

The Ewok movie is earliest memory of Star Wars I have.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

Caravan of Courage is better than RoS

dpatrickguy likes this.
  21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Something important happened the other day

I was watching the Last Blockbuster thing on Netflix and Star Wars came up and my wife looked at me and was like "Ok, what's the deal with Darth Vader and Luke? What's Darth Vader about?" She's never seen a Star Wars movie.

I paused it and looked at her and said "I'm not going to talk about it or answer any questions until you watch the movies with me" (we've had this conversation many times before)

She continued to say things like "What about Luke and Leia? Are they together? Yeah, they have to be. Luke and Leia, I know that."

I think that it's finally time to watch them with her. I said I'll answer all her questions then. Problem is, I can't remember what the proper viewing order is when they're completely new to SW. I know it's been talked to death in here but I need a refresher. This is important.

22. Dodge725

Trusted

If those are the questions she’s asking, I’d go with either release (OT, Prequels, Sequels) or machete (4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, sequels).

theagentcoma and stars143 like this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Just do release order

RJ Knorr and theagentcoma like this.
  24. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I’d go release order

RJ Knorr and theagentcoma like this.
  25. bodkins

Trusted

If she doesn’t know Vader is Luke’s father and you don’t watch release order you may be a monster lol

EntryLevelDave, shea and aoftbsten like this.