Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 150

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. JRShoenberger

Trusted

The Last Jedi is easily the best of the new ones.
    But I will say I enjoyed Ep 9. But thinking about how much better it would have been with a cohesive arc to conclude what Last Jedi started is disappointing.

Dodge725 and aoftbsten like this.
  2. ryhhno

3. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

well it’s something

aoftbsten and bodkins like this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow, didn't expect it but season 2 of Resistance was actually pretty good, especially the back half. It never gets like amazing but I'd say it's up there with the mid-tier episodes of Clone Wars. Definitely glad I didn't skip this, it didn't add much to the canon really but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would

Watching TROS tomorrow and this marathon will finally be over lol

aoftbsten and bodkins like this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted

stars143 likes this.
  6. ryhhno

Meanwhile I’m over here just starting the last season of TCW hahaha. Slowly but surely!

7. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I’m on season 3 of Rebels and find Ezra kind of... terrible? Lol. I don’t know, the character just constantly rubs me the wrong way. Enjoying the series overall, though! Chopper owns my heart.

8. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

My journey with Ezra was I also found him terrible until he stopped being terrible and I grew to really love his journey to get to not being terrible haha

quietwords likes this.
  9. quietwords

Totally makes sense, haha. Especially since he’s a young character. The teen angst is real, ha.

10. Ezra is great

coleslawed likes this.
  11. MidDave

Hopefully he grows on you!

12. I didn't but think there is a bad character in rebels to be honest. Maybe someone that has like 10 mins of screen time but all the main characters and side characters are great

JRShoenberger likes this.
  13. MidDave

I get a little tired of Hondo lol

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Incoming double post, I want these to be separate thoughts lol

This was only the second time that I've seen Episode 9, and the first time outside of the theater, and I really thought that I might like it more if I went in still intending to have fun with it even knowing I hated a good amount of the choices it made, but if anything watching it at the very end of watching literally everything in the Star Wars saga made me even more pissed off about it. Seriously, all Abrams had to do was follow up on the great lead-ins that TLJ left him but he decides to spend the entire fucking movie retconning everything and doing what he thought the "fans" wanted to see. I got into all of my specific problems with it in the thread for the movie the first time I saw it so I'm not going to repeat them here but fuck, man. It will forever make me mad that this is how the entire saga ends chronologically

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

On a more positive note, that officially marked the end of my chronological Star Wars marathon, which included the first time viewing all of the shows. I had a really amazing time doing it, and it really just cemented SW being my favorite movie franchise of all time. I've still never seen any movie, game or show that can totally suck me into the world like this one can, or one that makes me want to learn the names of all of the characters and know as much of the lore as possible. I seriously can't believe I had never seen the shows before this, it made it feel almost like an entirely new experience.

My official ranking of the Star Wars movies and shows (keep in mind that I grew up with the PT and my nostalgia-induced defense of it was only strengthened by how much I loved Clone Wars):

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. Return of the Jedi
    3. A New Hope
    4. Clone Wars
    5. Revenge of the Sith
    6. The Mandalorian
    7. Rebels
    8. The Last Jedi
    9. The Phantom Menace
    10. Rogue One
    11. The Force Awakens
    12. Attack of the Clones
    13. Solo
    14. Resistance
    15. The Rise of Skywalker

And just for fun, here is my updated ranking of my top 10 SW characters:

1. Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
    2. Han Solo
    3. Ahsoka Tano
    4. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    5. Maul
    6. Luke Skywalker
    7. Kanan Jarrus/Ezra Bridger (this is cheating but their stories are really tied together for me; Kanan if I have to choose one)
    8. Rex
    9. Leia Organa
    10. Yoda

Kylo Ren may have made the list if Jar Jar Abrams didn't ruin his entire character arc in 9

And that officially marks the end of me taking over this thread lol. Super fun experience, can't wait for all the new shows

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

PS I think I want to get a Star Wars tattoo now lol. Maybe the rebel logo

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I love Ezra overall, but I remember his character feeling a little aimless in season three. The dark side stuff was intriguing but never really went anywhere. But, we did get great development from Kanan and Sabine that season.

18. Into the dark was good, better than light of the jedi. Both are worth reading though.

bodkins likes this.
  19. MidDave

Interesting rumor below spoilered for anyone who likes to stay spoiler free.

apparently Mena Massoud was cast as Ezra

20. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I had suggested him a while back to my wife. Honestly I’m just excited for the character to be back.

21. bodkins

Trusted

Has anyone credible reported that?

Theres been lots of online chatter about Ezra basically being Aladdin in Star Wars (particularly season 1) so it feels a bit on the nose. Not saying the casting wouldn’t be cool just the first thing that comes to mind lol

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. MidDave

I got it from Kessel Run Transmissions. Not sure how credible they are.

bodkins likes this.
  23. bodkins

Trusted

They were the first to report Bad Batch. I personally find them to be pretty credible. Guess we’ll see.

24. quietwords

Two eps left in season 3 of Rebels. Not as great as clone wars but when it hits, it’s so good.

25. MidDave

The thing about Rebels I love is how much time they spend in the lore of Star Wars. There's def the space fights and light sabers, but there's so much just asking "how the eff does the force work" lol