Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 149

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Alliances is the worst of the three

Dodge725 and JeanRalphio like this.
  2. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I just finished the first Darth Vader comic series (2015 - 2016). I think I preferred the 2017-2018 series, but it was pretty solid. Cylo was a cool character, and I like the dynamic between Vader and Palpatine.

I'm not totally sold on Dr. Aphra's crew. It just feels derivative to have a Wookie, protocol droid, and astromech, but just make them black and mean. Do they flesh them out any more in the Dr. Aphra series? I think she's a super cool character, I just feel like her surrounding characters could have been a bit more creative.

stars143 and bodkins like this.
  3. bodkins

Trusted

The 2017 Vader line was great, one of my favorites. I’ve been enjoying the 2020 run thus far, but it ties in a lot to TROS and I get how that could be a deterrent to some. It does draw on some of that interesting conflict with Palpatine so it’s working for me.

I don’t recall BK, Triple Zero, or BT ever really getting all that more interesting imo, though they don’t stay in her party all the way through the line if I remember correctly. She has more interesting interactions with other character as the series progresses.

JRShoenberger likes this.
  4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

cool. That’s good to hear. I’m going to read a few of the Age of Republic, Resistance, Rebellion before diving into Doctor Aphra.

I didn’t start the lates Darth Vader series since it’s not complete yet. But it looks good.

bodkins likes this.
  5. bodkins

Trusted

I enjoyed the “Age Of” stories. Ones that I would add in there that should be available now are “The Rise of Kylo Ren” and “Kanan”, especially if you’re a Rebels fan. Kinda random, but I remember really liking the “Last Flight of the Harbinger” arc Jason Aaron did in the 2015 Star Wars main line. Should be issues 20-25.

JRShoenberger likes this.
  6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I did read the Rise of Kylo Ren. Suuuper good. Really great. I love Rebels and Kanan, so I’ll definitely check that out. I don’t know how I would have found it without you suggesting it. I wish it was a bit easier to browse on the app.

bodkins likes this.
  7. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Okay so I see my controversial opinion of liking Return of the Jedi more than New Hope still holds true. All three are masterpieces though

Finally starting The Mandalorian tomorrow!

bodkins and theagentcoma like this.
  8. ryhhno

Wow. Just finished the Obi Wan Undercover arc and it immediately jumped to the top of my most enjoyable Star Wars content. You can really see Anakin start to turn.

stars143 likes this.
  9. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Observation: The Star Wars galaxy should just stop letting Humans train in the force. Not al humans cause problems, but most of the human Jedi are the ones fucking shit up.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the first season of The Mandalorian. I LOVED the first three episodes and the last two but the "side-quest" episodes were a bit hit or miss for me, I didn't really like E5 much at all. From what I've heard the second season is markedly better though so I'm excited to get into that. Pascal is great in the role and Baby Yoda's cuteness lives up to the hype

JRShoenberger and theagentcoma like this.
  11. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

'Treason' was EASILY my favorite of this first thrawn trilogy, loved it. Started alphabet squadron today and I'm a big fan of this already

spiffa0 likes this.
  12. Up next after I finish thrawn ascendancy

PXL_20210204_215825576.MP~2.jpg

13. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I know it’s not but that looks like Cal Kestis haha

spiffa0 likes this.
  14. I believe this is a young adult book which are hit and miss in star wars. But Claudia gray is always hit so I'm confident it will be good.

15. bodkins

Trusted

Just started today and so far so good.

spiffa0 likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Holy shiiiit the second half of S2 of The Mandalorian

I had already been spoiled about Luke appearing but I still had full-on chills during that sequence. I actually thought he looked really realistic too for the most part.
    I was a bit worried about Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka but she fully won me over in her episode, I can't WAIT for her show now. Doesn't seem like that's happening that soon though. I hope a lot of these upcoming shows fill in the time gap between the OT and the ST because it doesn't seem like we have a lot of info about that time period, but luckily that seems like the direction they might be going.

So glad I finally watched this show, it fully lived up to the hype for me. Some of the best Star Wars ever.

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Starting Resistance tomorrow and going in with absolutely zero expectations. I was thinking of skipping it altogether but I'm in too deep at this point lol

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  18. ryhhno

So GOOD. That moment right at the end was absolutely tear jerking in the best way. Totally agree about Ahsoka too. I didn’t really have that big a connection to her having not watched TCW but now that I’m doing that I want ALL the Ahsoka.

tdlyon likes this.
  19. Thrawn ascendancy was good

20. Started avatar the last airbender and didn't know Filoni directed some episodes

bodkins likes this.
  21. bodkins

Trusted

A lot of the best ones from season one were Dave!

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished the first season of Resistance. It's pretty rough a lot of the time but it's watchable at least, and any episode with Poe and the last arc are genuinely good

bodkins likes this.
  23. Dodge725

Trusted

A little over halfway through Into the Dark and it’s really good, unsurprisingly. It’s much more character driven than Light of the Jedi and the two really complement each other very well in that regard.

bodkins likes this.
  24. Also they talk about sex in the first 20 pages lol

bodkins likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The Last Jedi is so excellent. I'm so fucking pissed that JJ ruined this trilogy with 9

Almost done with this marathon lol. S2 of Resistance next and then finally ending with 9