Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 148

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

@tdlyon Disney+ also has a few animated shorts that are prequels to Rebels. They are absolutely not vital, they serve more as little character introductions more than anything, but they're fun.

tdlyon and bodkins like this.
  2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the whole first season of Rebels today. Definitely started a little more kiddy but it was pretty damn good by the end, and I can definitely see it getting a ton better, especially with that last scene of S1

Already really like the characters, especially Kanan

coleslawed, JRShoenberger and bodkins like this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Hoooly shit, the two-parter at the end of S2 of Rebels is up there with the absolute best of Clone Wars. Amazing visuals and action, the much welcomed return of Maul, and the scene between Ahsoka and Vader/Anakin is literally one of the most emotional scenes I've ever seen in SW history, especially when she destroys his helmet and you can clearly see his face. Holy fucking shit was that well done
    This show has been more hit or miss than Clone Wars for me but when it's good it's REALLY good

4. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I think that's the best way to put it. There are some episodes of Rebels I truly couldn't care less about, but man, when it's going for something it hits it out of the park.

DefeatTheLow likes this.
  5. ryhhno

My god....the Nightsisters arc. Holy shit.

6. stars143

Trusted

I just finished the Krell arc... that was a lot of fun.

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. Can you not get the high republic comic on the marvel ultimate app?

8. JRShoenberger

Trusted

You can’t get it on Unlimited app. But I got it on the regular Marvel app.

spiffa0 likes this.
  9. Dodge725

Trusted

It will be there in 6 months.

spiffa0 likes this.
  10. MidDave

Ezra meeting Maul is so good

bodkins likes this.
  11. spiffa0 Jan 24, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 24, 2021)
    Over the last two days I finished light of the jedi and another book called crash of fate. Crash of fate is definitely a young adult novel that my in-laws got me. They probably didn't know but I read it out of obligation. Very cringey lol.

12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I started Light of the Jedi. But I’m sooo bad at reading books. They just don’t hold my attention.

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I just went through Light of the Jedi a second time (audiobook). I enjoyed it more this time. I'm excited to see where many of the jedi characters go from here.

spiffa0 likes this.
  14. Jumping into thrawn ascendancy

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Finished Rebels. Like I said before, it was a lot more hit or miss than Clone Wars, but woooow that entire last season is up there with the best of that show

- I really loved Kanan as a character, and MAD respect to them for actually going through with killing him off, that felt really mature and risky for a Disney XD show. It was incredibly well done and the following episode was insanely well acted by the rest of the cast.
    - Speaking of the rest of the cast, I loved all of them. By the end Ezra had become maybe one of my favorite SW characters (along with Kanan), and Hera, Zeb and Sabine were all given fantastic character development. I really cared about all of them by the end. Thrawn was such a cool villain too, I really loved his voice acting
    - The series finale was almost as good as the Clone Wars one for me, so genuinely exciting and felt just like a classic Star Wars experience. I really appreciated how this show both served as a semi-sequel to Clone Wars by bringing back threads like Rex and finishing Maul's arc (which was incredibly well-done imo) and also as its own thing. By the end it definitely had its own identity outside of TCW
    - I haven't seen the Mandalorian yet where I know she makes an appearance so I already be proven to be totally off the mark, but do we think the Ahsoka series is going to be her and Sabine trying to find Ezra? Or at least a part of it? That would make total sense to me.

So if Clone Wars was like a 9/10 for me Rebels was probably an 8. Gonna watch Rogue One and the OT next and then finally watch The Mandalorian.

coleslawed, bodkins and Dodge725 like this.
  16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Kanan is a top 10 SW character for me. So great.

have you watched Rogue One before? It’s my favorite of the movies.

17. stars143

Trusted

Not going to read that spoiler for Rebels, but I started reading A New Dawn as a prequel to watching the show. I'm still slowly watching through Clone Wars. I'm liking Kanan and the other characters so far.

18. I'll spoiler my thoughts on the Rebels Mandalorian tie-in

The one thing that stuck out to me about Ahsoka in The Mandalorian is she asked the question "where is grand admiral Thrawn". So That means Thrawn has already resurfaced and has contacted people in my opinion. So that probably means Ezra has resurfaced as well. As his captive at this point? Or they got separated and now the goal is to hunt Thrawn down? We don't know but I feel like Ezra has already been found by this point.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah I’ve already seen all the movies a million times lol

JRShoenberger likes this.
  20. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yup, Rogue One is so great. I can't believe I was kind of disappointed in this movie when I saw it in the theater, every subsequent time I've watched it I've been fully engrossed the whole time. Really captures the spirit of the OT. Maybe I was in a bad mood that first time lol

Probably going to try to squeeze in Episode IV tonight too

JRShoenberger and theagentcoma like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It's amazing how well A New Hope holds up. The only parts of the movie that look at all dated are the shitty CGI they went back and added later lol

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Yeah, Empire Strikes Back is the best one. I know that's not a controversial opinion but it's true lol

23. ryhhno

Fun fact, I spent pretty much every winter as a child pretending I was on Hoth every time it snowed. I second ESB as being the best.

tdlyon likes this.
  24. MidDave

Trials of the Darksaber is SO GOOD

aoftbsten and spiffa0 like this.
  25. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Will finish Thrawn Alliances tonight, not quite as good as the first book but still really like this series so far

spiffa0 likes this.