Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 145

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

You'll find TCW does pretty much everything better than the prequel movies in terms of story telling. The Anakin/Obi relationship, Grevious, Yoda's arrogance. All of it.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3. Paul Duncan has written two MASSIVE volumes on the making of Star Wars. He's been branching off into the world of video production as well and this Boba Fett timeline video is his latest.

tomdelonge and Deanna like this.
  4. Dodge725

Trusted

Another warning: I think The High Republic #1 comic has what I’m guessing is a spoiler for Light of the Jedi in it and you probably should be read 2nd if you can. I haven’t gotten far enough in the novel to confirm it is a spoiler or to see how impactful it is, but I definitely feel confident I know something that I wasn’t supposed to just by reading the comic.

5. bodkins

Trusted

I've been curious about this. I read issue one and just started LotJ today. I picked up on some few things that I expect to see for sure. What bit you identify as spoiler-y? (you can spoiler tag it here)

6. bodkins likes this.
  7. Dodge725

Trusted

The biggest ones that I noticed was the death of Master Malli and the mention of a battle with the Nihil. Master Malli is alive in LotJ and shows up to help with the Great Disaster at the beginning of the novel so I'm guessing those happen in the book, but don't know for sure.

bodkins likes this.
  8. bodkins

Trusted

Yep, those were ones I was thinking.

I'm also curious if we will see why Yoda stepped down from the council in the book. I'd imagine so. That was one I was kinda excited to read, then be intrigued by afterwards. I'd imagine we will. I've only read the first couple of chapters, but I'm gonna hit a few tonight.

9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm still really early in Clone Wars but it seems like this characterization of Anakin is what Lucas was trying to pull off but actually done well

10. JRShoenberger

Trusted

So I downloaded the first High Republic comic with the Marvel app and it was really great. I’m not super into super heroes or comics in general. But there are an overwhelming amount of other Star Wars series on there.

Which ones are worth downloading? Some of them just look like rehashes of the movies. I’d rather original stories and cannon (first).

bodkins likes this.
  11. MidDave

Im new to these too. Reeeeally enjoyed the Kylo Ren mini series.

bodkins and JRShoenberger like this.
  12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I thought that one looked good too.

13. Dodge725

Trusted

if you’re looking to get into the comics, I’d suggest Marvel Unlimited. It’s $10 a month and you can cancel at any time. You can digitally read all of the new canon and Legends comics you want (including Dark Horse comics) and it’s only 6 months behind.

My favorites:
    -Shattered Empire - 4 Issue mini post RotJ starring Poe’s Mom
    -Darth Vader - All 3 series have been excellent but my personal favorite was the 2nd which is post RotS
    -Lando Miniseries - great standalone story with fun Sith connections.
    -Doctor Aphra - Great character introduced in the 1st Vader run. Solo series can be hit or miss, but she’s one of the defining comics characters
    -Age of... Series - All One-shots focusing on different character so it’s easy to jump into
    -Rise of Kylo Ren - Probably most consequential comic in canon so far telling the story of Ben’s fall
    -Star Wars Main Ongoing - Some really good arcs, some forgettable ones. I’d suggest starting at #38 where the writer changed because it feels like it’s telling one story from then until the end at #67.

14. Been working from home since March and finally decided to make my office more personalized. Now when I'm on a zoom call everyone will see my sweet poster

PXL_20210110_200747621.MP~2.jpg

15. JRShoenberger

Trusted

this is super helpful. I have a friend who has Marvel Unlimited. And I’m just now seeing it’s a different app than the Marvel app, which is annoying.

16. tomdelonge

Trusted

yas this was so good! The prototype footage and early designs are a treat to see

Jacob Tender likes this.
  17. +1 for Aphra and Shattered Empire. Aphra and her droids are great additions to the canon.

Deanna and JRShoenberger like this.
  18. MidDave

Lol her droids are so funny

19. bodkins

Trusted

Yea, read Aphra. The first arc of the new Bounty Hunter comic was solid. Darth Vader Volume 2 (2017 I think) was really good. Rise of Kylo Ren. I enjoyed quite a bit of the Aaron run in the main series as well.

20. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished the Nightsisters arc in S3 of Clone Wars. This show feels like it's getting really, really good now. Also insanely violent for what I thought was a children's cartoon lol

stars143 and bodkins like this.
  22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah I think that arc was where I went from "great show for what it is" to "holy shit this is terrific television"

keeps getting better from there too

bodkins and tdlyon like this.
  23. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah. It gets really dark after a while.

24. bodkins

Trusted

Rewatched the finale arc and... damn. It’s got me so excited for Bad Batch. The quality is impeccably high.

Then I watched Twilight of the Apprentice and final few episodes of Rebels. Next level story telling animated or not.

RJ Knorr and spiffa0 like this.
  25. Glad someone mentioned the marvel ultimate app or whatever. The comics are a blind spot for me. I signed up over the weekend and went through a few vaders. Easy to get through a comic in like 10 minutes.

Tim, Dodge725 and bodkins like this.