Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 144

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Probably start this today

[​IMG]

2. I love this cover so much. Can't wait for the special edition though. Comes with a pin and socks!

spiffa0 likes this.
  3. stars143

Trusted

Anyone a canon completionist? I'm far from it (still in my first watch of Clone Wars and haven't seen the other animated shows yet), but I've considered going through the new canon media (including novels and comics) by date it was released. It feels like a stupid idea, but I also kinda want to try it.

DefeatTheLow and bodkins like this.
  4. Jacob Tender Jan 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2021)
    With the exception of Marvel comics, I believe I own the entirety of canon. I haven't read most of it. It's a lot and I don't read enough as it is.

Edit: Mind the mess, but this is most of my SW library. Missing: a few novels and reference books strewn about the house or not yet delivered when this was taken.

Attached Files:

Deanna, Jason Tate, bodkins and 2 others like this.
  5. Damn.

I got rid of most of my star wars books a long time ago. Then disney threw them out anyway.

6. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I just realized that I never preordered the books, so I just ordered them today. Hopefully they'll be able to ship in a timely manner.

7. bodkins

Trusted

Just read issue 1 of THR and really enjoyed it. I'm excited to be exploring a fresh part of the galaxy where I know virtually no one.

8. My copy of the novel just arrived. Slipping it into its reading jacket and digging in!

bodkins likes this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

i don’t really use twitter but this was fun

F6E2133D-0C21-4CF5-B175-5ADCF1AF0690.jpeg
    01BE9D48-1014-4A43-97BF-A58564F8A7E9.png
    4E38F449-E8A2-47D3-9B03-3B9D18FFE3B5.jpeg
    04C47CA8-42E9-4185-A7EB-14E540473CFC.png

10. What is a reading jacket

Jacob Tender likes this.
  11. Dodge725

Trusted

I am very much a canon completionist. There’s only 3 or 4 books I haven’t read, but I’ve kept up with the shows and comics and I’ve found it to be very rewarding. The biggest suggestion I can give would be don’t necessarily go by release date and create your own order. If something seems interesting to you or you’re curious about a specific era, go through those first as those will be the most rewarding for you. If you’re looking for recommendations on what to put at the top of your list, let everyone in this thread know what interests you most or your favorite parts of SW and you’ll get some great suggestions and have a good starting point. (Clone Wars is definitely the best starting point as there’s a lot of stuff that builds on it)

Jacob Tender and stars143 like this.
  12. stars143

Trusted

Good advice! I might dive into The High Republic material first while I catch up on the animated shows.

bodkins likes this.
  13. Remember back in school when you’d have to cover your textbooks with paper shopping bags? I have a novel-sized cover I’ve reused for years to keep my hardcovers and dust jackets in good shape while reading because I’m a freak.

bodkins, Greg, spiffa0 and 1 other person like this.
  14. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

can you give us the synopsis?

15. bodkins Jan 5, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 5, 2021)
    bodkins

Trusted

Essentially it was Keeve going through her jedi trial. It tied in somewhat with the unveiling of the Starlight Beacon. She was brought there and knighted by Avar Kriss who Yoda made the “Marshall” of the station. Keeve’s master, Sskeer, feels some kind of disturbance at the end of the issue (shadowy figure in the background), and presumably shit is about to kick off for issue 2.

Notable changes to canon that I didn’t know: Trandoshans can regrow limbs! Sskeer is missing an arm, but no biggie apparently.

Yoda was introduced along with Vetar as “grandmasters”. I found it intriguing as Yoda is the lone grandmaster in the PT. So this dude dies and they never replace him leaving Yoda solely in charge? EDIT: reading a second time and it seems more like Yoda stepped down and this other guy became grand master. So they’re referring to both of them as grandmasters but I think this other dude is interim.

Art was great and the world building and look of High Republic era is fantastic. I’m excited for more.

Your Milkshake and spiffa0 like this.
  16. Sean Holmes

Blue Marvel

Does anyone miss Starwars Rey, Finn, Poe, and Kaz?

18. stars143

Trusted

...shoulda been.

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Started Clone Wars today! (and yes I'm doing chronological order lol). Instantly really like it, I watched the first two episodes, the movie, and the following two after that so far, so up next it looks like I have the majority of S1 all in order. It's not nearly as kiddy as I had heard the beginning of the show is, coming off the first two prequels it feels perfectly in line with those. Really glad I'm finally doing this

Should I include Resistance? I've been told I shouldn't, that it's pretty much targeted for kids and doesn't contribute much to the canon

20. bodkins

Trusted

TCW gets even better, you’re gonna love it.

My opinion on Resistance is of you’ve made it that far you may as well throw them in. That said, the way you described it is largely correct. I threw it into my full canon rewatch.

21. I think we'll get a decent amount of Thrawn in Ahsoka. If that's successful, there's a lot of canonical material that can be adapted into full-length features. Thrawn's proved he has long-lasting appeal to the community. I wouldn't doubt a trilogy of movies in the future.

22. The guy that voices him could play him. He had that demeanor about him in Sherlock.

Though the actor isn't as physically intimidating I guess

bodkins likes this.
  23. Dodge725

Trusted

First issue of High Republic was a lot of fun. Also started reading the novel and it’s seems like it’s exactly what everyone was hoping for so far. New characters, new timeline, unique storylines, and really great writing. Probably gonna breeze through it this weekend but I’m already hooked only a few chapters in.

Fair warning to everyone though: the kids book The Great Jedi Rescue tells the story of the beginning of the novel so you may want to wait to thumb through that one. It is cool to see the ships and characters and it has stickers!!!!

Jacob Tender and bodkins like this.
  24. First chapter was surprising.

Dodge725 likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Damn, TCW does a way better job at making General Grevious intimidating than ROTS, the episode in his lair was dope.

This show is surprisingly violent

DefeatTheLow and bodkins like this.