Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 143

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. What. Get new eyes. Some episodes look better than others but overall it looks very good.

theagentcoma likes this.
  2. tomdelonge

Trusted

ya...like i said?

Most of the sets, and almost all the exteriors look great, but some specific sets that looked sus to me were the bar interiors in chapters 4 and 5, the mandolorian enclave, the set for ig-11 fight in chapter 1

and the big costume I’m not vibing with is Cara Dune’s.

I don’t think they look bad so much as they look more like generic sci fi than the Star Wars universe.

As a comparison, the droid repository in Jabba’s Palace in Return Of The Jedi is a cluttered mess of tangled of wires, loose parts, tools and activity. When Threepio and R2 enter the room, they’re walking into a living environment

In chapter 8, the Mandalorian armory is clean and sterile, it doesn’t feel like a real space to me, it looks like a set. She’s smelting the armor remnants when the gang shows up, but her tool box looks like it’s being opened for the first time.

stars143 likes this.
  3. JRShoenberger

Trusted

You’d think tomdelonge would be more into a show about aliens.

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Twilight of the apprentice best 45 mins in star wars don't @ me.

5. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Really really good

6. Just watched it with my wife and it was her first time and she was teary eyed.

It's amazing how they are able to tell such a good story with such emotion in a cartoon. The final sequence with the score and the montage is so killer, with ezra at the end with the red eyes and holocron. Just not something they replicated (for me anyway) in the sequel trilogy.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. JRShoenberger

Trusted

It’s sooo good. I love everything about it. Rebels has some of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars.

8. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’m still proud of this post.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  9. NitrateDawn

Regular

And it’s somehow made even better by The World Between Worlds

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

coleslawed likes this.

11. The High Republic launch event is happening now.

bodkins likes this.
  12. bodkins

Trusted

Really excited for the comic this week.

13. ah a book is released tomorrow right? man i have so many books to read.

14. Light Of The Jedi, Into The Dark, and Test of Courage are set to arrive tomorrow. The Great Jedi Rescue and The Rising Storm over the next week or so.

spiffa0 likes this.
  15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'll say it and don't care how I get judged...Ezra is one of my favorite Star Wars characters and I can't wait for him to show up in live action. I'll cry if he gets reunited with Hera aka Space Mom.

Really excited for the new books coming out tomorrow. The only thing I thought was kind of lame from the launch event today was the whole idea of a characters called Buckets of Blood. Sounds pretty dumb to me but what do I know.

bodkins likes this.
  16. MidDave

I love Ezra’s growth

bodkins likes this.
  17. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Ezra is great. I can’t wait to see what’s best with him.

18. MidDave

I know people complain he’s a whiny punk but like....he is lol and that’s why his arc and his ending is so important.

bodkins, coleslawed and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  19. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

All Star Wars books are also released in audiobook form, right?

20. Well, to be fair, it is BUCKETS OF BLOOD. Case is apparently important there.

Also to be fair, they’re a character in an IDW all-ages comic.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Started my full chronological Star Wars watchthrough today with Phantom Menace and AOTC ( I still like them, lol)

What's special about this one is I just acquired Disney Plus and I'm going to be watching all of the shows (Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian) for the first time ever and I'm incredibly hyped about that. Starting Clone Wars tomorrow

22. I would recommend chronological viewing order. Idk if D+ has added that as an option for autoplay yet, but it's worth the effort to switch between episodes.

coleslawed, stars143, bodkins and 2 others like this.
  23. bodkins

Trusted

A full chronological watch (with the animated series) was my favorite way to do it. Can’t imagine it also being the first time I watched TCW/Rebels, you’re gonna love it!

It sounds like you’re planning on it , but I’ll second the chronological order. I had a buddy watching TCW for the first time and he was so confused at how things were unfolding and was relieved to find out there was a chronological order online. Have a blast!!

24. ryhhno

Also just started a chronological re-watch including TCW/Rebels/Resistance which I haven't watched before and didn't know this existed. Thanks!!

bodkins and Jacob Tender like this.
  25. Resistance will be interesting because you get to throw the force awakens in the middle of the one of the seasons.

bodkins likes this.