Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 142

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

2. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

This was a fun build

Attached Files:

3. Attached Files:

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My girlfriend isn't into star wars but her brother got her this. I might have to steal it from her and learn to crochet.
    [​IMG]

5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol the 5th Doctor celery?

7. Watching through rebels with my wife since she's never seen it. Just got done clone wars a few weeks ago. If disney just wants to focus on tv and make a movie every so often like their schedule indicates im all for it. The shows are much better than the movies overall (other than resistance) and I would argue there are arcs in clone wars and rebels that are as good or better than most of the movies.

And the planning and care that went into rebels is insane. Zeb and kallus getting stuck in the ice moon setting up fulcrum in the next season is great. Ezra meeting Yoda in the next episode in the lothal temple and having it mirror the world between worlds is great. Just small things that elevate it beyond the movies for the most part.

8. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I love Rebels so much. Some of my favorite stuff throughout that show. I love that they get deep into some of the lore and temple stuff.

spiffa0 likes this.
  9. I haven’t finished the entirety of the show, so my praise probably means very little, but I thought Resistance season one was a lot of fun. It didn’t reach the story or character depth of the other animated series, but neither Clone Wars or Rebels completely grabbed me in their first seasons either.

if I were a kid, I’d probably love the show a lot. Cool animation style. Great voice acting too.

coleslawed, Deanna and aoftbsten like this.
  10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Think I'm gonna watch Clone Wars for the first time soon. I've been told I should look up the chronological order to watch it in? Or should I just go straight through

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Do it in chronological order

12. Dodge725

Trusted

I felt this way after finishing season 1 because it ends in an interesting place and the last few episodes were actually pretty good, but S2 unfortunately was very flat and repetitive of S1 for me.

bodkins likes this.
  13. bodkins

Trusted

Agreed.

14. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I watched both seasons of Resistance and thought it was a fun show! I don't think it gets nearly as deep into the lore as much as Clone Wars or Rebels, but it was a nice little addition to the universe.

15. Dodge725

Trusted

I will admit after Clone Wars & Rebels, I expected some level of deep lore from Resistance and when it wasn’t there, it probably clouded my judgement. I know not all Star Wars is gonna be for me and that’s ok. I may just need a little more work putting that idea into practice is all. Haha

Deanna likes this.
  16. Indigo

Trusted

Taketimeandfind and spiffa0 like this.
  17. Taketimeandfind and DefeatTheLow like this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

My biggest issue with the show is it felt as though the quality was ramping up during the last 7ish episode stretch of S1, but then S2 could never live up to it.

Agree though, its fun and I enjoyed it for what it was at the very least.

19. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I thought S2 fell a little flat, but I didn't have super high expectations going into it so I was okay with that.

bodkins likes this.
  20. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Am I alone in thinking The Mandalorian is not very good? Just watched all of season 2, and every episode was kind of blah to me. The last two were stronger, but it was essentially a rehash of “rescue The Child” from season 1 but with no dramatic stakes?

I liked the parts of episode 7 where they got into “is the Empire any worse than the New Republic” (although they pretty definitively answer that when the one commander shrugs off decimating 10k of his own troops) but generally speaking I find this show lacks complexity. The overt fan service bits are also mostly not working for me.

tomdelonge likes this.
  21. NitrateDawn

Regular

I wasn’t into the show at all in season 1, but I actually enjoyed season 2 a ton for the most part. Probably because of its connections to other areas of Star Wars lore, even though I realize that probably makes it less accessible to a lot of people

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Literally the Mandalorian is the best thing that happened to me this year so that's gonna be a no from me but Star Wars doesn't hit everyone the same way and that's okay.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I feel like a lot of the appeal of Mandalorian is how well it captures a *feeling* of Star Wars while telling, from what I’ve seen (I’ve only watched 2 episodes & some clips, & read about some stuff), an overall fairly inoffensive story. So, if you just really love hanging out among the Star Wars for a bit every week, regardless of your mileage with prequels or Rian Johnson or JJ Abrams or cartoons or other media, you’ll probably like it.

There are other factors, of course, like how much a cute lil “baby Yoda” speaks to you, lol, but I think the simplicity of the old Star Wars vibe plays a very big role.

24. tomdelonge

Trusted

I enjoyed it overall I guess, but I was a little cool on it too.

It captures “the feeling” of Star Wars, but it’s a kind of hollow feeling, a little too light on substance.

Run, jump, and shoot on a new planet each week got old real quick.

Still, it’s got a lot of spirit, and the second half of Season 2 was a lot better. I’m optimistic that it’ll find its footing, and Im really excited for the companion shows

Matt Chylak likes this.
  25. tomdelonge

Trusted

The production quality kinda confuses me too. Sometimes it looks absolutely amazing, but some of the sets and costumes look like a Sci Fi Channel original movie