Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 132

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. I'm sure it will be fine but I'd love for something "new" in a way that it stands in it's own and doesn't have to connect to anything else. I'm excited for the new era of books.

2. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Lando just isn't high on my list of characters I need more of. I'd be fine with it within more solo stuff but him by himself? Eh.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m just not interested nor do I want to put hours into something that solely focuses on Lando

4. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

What if they let Donald Glover write it and have creative control?

bodkins likes this.
  5. EntryLevelTank

Then you have my attention

6. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Atlanta in Space.

7. bodkins

Trusted

Yea anything Donald Glover I’m down for. I enjoyed him as Lando and wouldn’t mind some Lando stories, especially if they tie into Solo. I enjoyed it and would like some follow up.

8. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I’m a Solo hater, & I actually liked Lando in it less than I expected (kinda felt distractingly like an impression instead of an actual character). But, I like Glover, & Lando’s a side character with a lot of room for exploration without becoming a Wookiepedia article masquerading as a story. So, with the right creatives, sure, why not.

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  9. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

There's no way Glover has time for that

If it's true though I will obviously buy Disney Plus to watch it though

10. EntryLevelTank

Battlefront 2 kinda sucks huh

11. bodkins

Trusted

I liked the story well enough, but yea I thought multiplayer was lame.

12. oakhurst Jul 23, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2020)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Still not sure if they can hit that first release date if Taika is directing. He still has to do Thor first, right? Not impossible, but that's a very tight turnaround.

14. bodkins

Trusted

Yea I’ll take any date given by anyone about anything with a grain of salt right now. Especially a Star Wars film.

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think the first film will be directed by Taika. Before this announcement the first film was going to be released in 2022. He wouldn’t have time

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Who else would it be at this point? It's definitely not Rian's. The only other one I could think of is Kevin Feige. Though it should be noted that his movie still hasn't been officially announced on starwars.com.

If they have something already planned for that release date, they've done a very good job of keeping it under wraps.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The link is from variety and the schedule was posted by Disney so I would say it’s a legit release date. Why we haven’t heard the director yet, who knows?

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm not questioning the release date, that seemed inevitable given the pandemic. I was referencing that Feige's announcement was a THR exclusive, not an official Star Wars press release.

Anyway, my bet is that this isn't the last time this slate of movies will get moved around.

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah they’ll probably be delayed again or something. I also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a director that isn’t released to the Kevin project, Rian and Taika

aoftbsten likes this.
  20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Another rumor

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  21. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Lol that’s like the 8th rumored show. Imagine they all turn out to be true.

22. I'd have to imagine there'd be some crossover with a lando show and you'd get some Alden appearances

23. dlemert

Trusted

See I felt the opposite. Campaign bored me to tears but the multiplayer is loads of fun. It's like the Star Wars sandbox I always wanted.

bodkins likes this.
  24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

And at the same time as the Darth Maul rumour Ray Park posts a video of him getting a BJ on his instragram lol.... There goes those plans.

25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Lol what? And the thing about the make up means he can be replaced