Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 131

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

DaveyA89, bodkins and theagentcoma like this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

coleslawed, bodkins and xapplexpiex like this.
  3. I'm sure it will be good but would like something not connected to what we already have or I'd rather have the ahsoka Sabine show

4. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

An odd choice for a show, but ok. Hopefully I’ll like them more in this than their brief appearance in CW.

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

FILONI WHERE IS THE REBELS SEQUEL

6. bodkins

Trusted

Really want the Ahsoka/Sabine/Ezra story, but I think it’ll come eventually. Loved the Bad Batch arc so I’m definitely excited for this one.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah definitely not what I wanted but I'm sure it will be good for what it is.

8. bodkins

Trusted

Reading the press release has me cautiously optimistic. On one hand, its post episode 3 and I think that will be a really cool time to explore. On the other, looks like Filoni's role is similar to what he did in Resistance and the head writer was a writer for Resistance. Hoping the tone is more in line with TCW than Resistance. Guess we'll see.

9. Ugh still haven't finished resistance it's such a slog

10. Dodge725

Trusted

Love the idea of seeing the transition to the Empire from the perspective of the Clones. The Resistance writer doesn’t thrill me, but there were some good episodes of that show and The Bad Batch doesn’t strike me as a childish topic. Leaning to much into the little kid aspect of Resistance (Kaz, Neeku, Bibo) is what made the show rough but it will be harder to have that tone with these characters in this time period.

bodkins likes this.
  11. bodkins

Trusted

Agreed. I’m gonna remain optimistic, albeit with some caution ha.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm. I’m not terribly excited for more clone stories to be honest.

13. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I have one episode left of Clone Wars. I was not expecting season 7 to go the way it did. It was so good

xapplexpiex likes this.
  14. bodkins

Trusted

So apparently a podcast “Kessel Run Transmissions” (haven’t checked them out myself) leaked the Bad Batch show news a month ago. I hadn’t heard anywhere else discussing it. Anyways, they claim the successor to Rebels is still on the way and apparently dropping in 2021 as well. Might just be in a new era of Star Wars where multiple live action and animated shows appear each year.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I heard about it a few weeks ago so someone definitely had some good intel.

bodkins likes this.
  16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I imagine the Volume will be utilized to keep costs low for future films.

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  19. NitrateDawn

Regular

I always thought that was the whole point of the anthology movies but then they ended up costing more than the mainline films

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If Solo could have used tech like the volume (and if they hadn’t of made it twice) the box office wouldn’t look as bad and Obi-Wan would be a movie instead of a series.

21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

22. Why

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'm down, I kind of want a sequel to Solo in some form. Worth noting that this is just a rumor of course.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Out of all of the Star Wars characters they choose him?

25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Surprised at the less than warm welcome that rumor brought.

I liked Glover in the role and would love to see more.