Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 130

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

after watching all the prequel content during quarantine, I’m mixed on watching Clone Wars fully chronologically. some episodes definitely benefit from being seen before/after their timeline counterparts, but I feel like others were meant to be viewed as flashbacks.

I also hit a wall after Solo. I loved Rebels, but just finished watching it this fall when D+ launched (although I’m excited to rewatch Mandalorian already). definitely a handful of episodes I want to rewatch, so I might resume my full watch through soon.

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Oh yeah I was just including that when I wrote Clone Wars

3. Indigo

Trusted

Finished Clone Wars a few weeks ago (after dragging my feet big-time through the last couple seasons because I didn't want it to end) What a final arc though! That was incredibly good for me. In the meantime I finished Thrawn and am about halfway through Thrawn Alliances. Just started Rebels a couple nights ago. It's safe to say I've fallen off the deep end with Star Wars over the past six months or so haha.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  4. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Let me just take a moment to recommend anyone read Lost Stars. I just listened to the audiobook and was reminded how damn good it is.

bodkins and DefeatTheLow like this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

6. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Literally JUST came here to post this lol.

Also, the prequels are good sans the crappy writing around the love story and Hayden’s wooden acting. Don’t @ me.

7. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Also Ewan McGregor is trending and there aren’t nearly enough “hello there”s and “General Kenobi!”s out there

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

honestly, rian is officially the closest i've ever been inclined to giving those prequels another chance after YEARS

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The prequels get worse with each film (even though the popular opinion in the ~fandom~ is the opposite), but they're worth a watch if your tastes include "campy pulp serials" & "genre films that aren't good but by golly they really went for it." The Phantom Menace especially is probably the Star Wars film that's most fully his vision for what he wanted to make, for good or ill.

Takes on the prequels that are simplistically "they're actually good" or "they suck" are boring (as someone who definitely has a lot of "they suck" posts on this site, lol). They're failures on many levels, but if you're into the act of creating things, they're very interesting, especially if viewed after (not before) the original trilogy & through the lens of George Lucas & his influences.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

11. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’d say there’s no way that happens but there’s still some time left in 2020 for more bad shit to happen

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. That's quite the imagination

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Source: Doomcock

saved you all a click

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. bodkins

Trusted

There’s legitimately zero percent chance that will ever happen.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. theagentcoma

I knew I could count on all of you

16. Tim

Cosmic Book News is a notorious awful, unreliable, anti-"SJW" dumpster fire of a website, fyi. So, if any part of your mind keeps track of good & bad sources... remember that site as a bad one, lol.

coleslawed, bodkins and theagentcoma like this.
  17. theagentcoma

Thanks. I definitely don't read much about Star Wars from around the web for exactly this reason, and I'll for sure disregard that site from now on.

bodkins likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I’m almost done on my first time watch of all the SW movies. All I have left is Solo and Rise of Skywalker. I’ve enjoyed all the sequel movies and standalone ones a lot so far

ship90 likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

aoftbsten likes this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

I’m not opposed to him returning if it makes narrative sense. If it happens in the Obi Wan show, I’d trust Chow to pull it off.

21. Tim

We Got This Covered might be the most prolific bullshit factory in the entire clickbait universe, & that's saying a lot, lol.

Not hit or miss w/ access to actual industry gossip like Jeremy Conrad's sites. Not simple non-journalistic reposts like CBR, Newsrama, etc. Not even nonsense filtered through a bitter anti-"SJW" filter like Cosmic Book News to get those clicks from reactionary nerds & bigots. Nope, just a steady stream of baseless shit churned out like some kinda fanfic/clickbait hybrid, lol. They only seem to still get away w/ it 'cause most people don't have it in 'em to differentiate between the various nerd pop culture blogs.

(I didn't even click the link when I saw who it was. If they link to an actual decent-sounding outside source, guess that could be posted instead?)

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Shit

edit: I thought Filoni had announced the Rebels sequel for next year but it was not really him. I am ashamed.

23. Bad joke

24. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

:(