Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 116

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think it’s an underrated lightsaber battle for sure, but it doesn’t come close to maul/obi for me.

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

really liking this arc but I can see why people are frustrated with it. obviously I know this is down to Disney and not the Clone Wars team but I really wish this season had been 20 episodes, it doesn't sound like much but you could fit in two more arcs, plus fans would be less annoyed when a relatively low-stakes/"unimportant" arc like this comes along, because it's not a third of the whole season lol. ah well

3. Dodge725

Trusted

I’m enjoying this arc because it already feels like something foundational for Ahsoka. I think her learning how the galaxy works for those less fortunate and hearing how the Jedi are seen to most people is gonna really set her on the path to the Ahsoka novel and Rebels.

As for additional arcs, I can’t say there’s many that were discussed back when the show was cancelled that I’m super disappointed we’re not getting. The only one jumping out at me is the Kashyyyk arc due to the return of the Bad Batch and more Yoda/Chewie stuff. I’d be surprised if we don’t see them in some form someday whether it be comic or novel though.

coleslawed, Rowan5215 and aoftbsten like this.
  4. Rowan5215

you don't want the Boba Fett/Cad Bane arc? I've always thought the show felt incomplete without their storylines being finished (plus Ventress would presumably show up which would be nice because her arc never finished on-air either). that's the only one that really really bugs me, I can live without the rest

and yeah, this arc has a lot of value just showing Ahsoka... living life without the Jedi being present. as I said somewhere else, there's a nice thematic ring that she made the choice to walk away from the Jedi so now she has to live in the world they never have to see or inhabit (literally the underworld of their central planet lmao)

5. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Dave’s new twitter banner. HMMMM.

6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I liked the newest episode. It went really fast though. I really enjoyed the ROTJ homage when Ahsoka leaves Coruscant and Anakin is right there.

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  7. bodkins

Trusted

I didn’t even consider that. Love it.

8. Rowan5215

oh shit that was Bo-Katan!

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

bodkins likes this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Assuming she's here to take out the Pyke's since they are part of Maul's criminal empire

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Rowan5215

that would make sense, but I thought Maul's collective would've dissolved already? or is Son of Dathomir set after this arc?

either way seems like this will lead into the last arc more than I thought it would ha

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I admittedly have not read Son of Dathomir yet, so I can’t say.

15. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

USA Network is playing the 3 prequels right now.

Now that I've started reading r/prequelmemes, I am excited for the meme moments lol

Unfortunately not a lot of them from from Ep 1

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

E20D3200-8C4B-4938-A794-24A3AB4D2DEC.jpeg

Rowan5215 likes this.
  17. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Is this like him retiring from it or something?

coleslawed likes this.
  18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

There’s always a bigger fish.

aoftbsten and David87 like this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

Me realizing there were more memes in Ep 1 than I thought:
    [​IMG]

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Enjoyed this last episode more than the previous one. Overall, not quite the incredible arc I was hoping for with Ahsoka's return, but it was solid nonetheless. The meeting with Bo Katan at the end has me hyped, but I can't help but feel that she could have been of an integral part of this episode instead of just there for quick meet at the end..

Also, so did Rafa straight up just murder a (relatively) innocent person for no reason? I thought that whole sequence was a little odd

22. The star wars episode of Lego Masters was really cool.

@EntryLevelDave you should check it out

23. MidDave

I did! It was fun. Check out what my gf got me for Easter.

Attached Files:

spiffa0 and RJ Knorr like this.
  24. That's awesome. Wish I had some creativity in me. I can only follow instructions lol.

25. MidDave

Lol I have the same problem. I have good creative ideas but making them real is tough. This has been a fun way to try at least.