Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 115

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't remember what happened in the animatics after this, so next week is gonna feel very fresh.

Greg likes this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

hmm I thought this one wasn't that great. what was with that super weird fadeout right when it seemed like a flight chase scene with the droids was about to start? and the music kind of abruptly faded up halfway through the big battle scene too? kind of took me out of it, almost felt like the episode was a bit unfinished editing-wise?

3. Rowan5215

lmao Windu trying to appeal to the battle droids' better nature. gold

Greg, bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That bit was great. Solid ending the the arc. As much as I loved that though... bring on Ahsoka!

Greg, bodkins and Rowan5215 like this.
  5. Rowan5215

this may shock you all but I am indeed very excited for Ahsoka to come back. this was a solid arc apart from episode 3 though. Anakin taking out Trench was some cold shit

FlayedManOfSF, bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  6. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Tech setting up the reflector plates was so cool.

Rowan5215, bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  7. bodkins

Trusted

8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

loved the shot where their shuttle drops down from the deadnaught like a bat.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Rise of Kylo Ren #4 was a solid ending. Probably my least favorite in the run partially because it included Palpatine. Brief as it was, it didn’t work here either. It felt a hair rushed in the last few pages. Still though, it was very good. Soule really understands the character.

I can sort of understand the criticism of Ben’s turn being due to manipulation, but the material all the way through really tells me that these were Ben’s decisions and this was the path he chose for himself. There’s moments in this one that make it particularly clear.

Overall, one of my favorite Star Wars comics. One that enhances my appreciation and builds the backstory behind TFA and TLJ.

10. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I think I’m gonna try a custom LEGO build of Malachor and Ashoka facing Vader.

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

God speed, rebel

12. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Dooope. The best scene in all of Star Wars!

aoftbsten likes this.
  13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finished Resistance. The second season is very similar to the first in that it can be rough at first but it finds it's foot in the end. Definitely does feel essential to Star Wars, but I enjoyed it. The last 4 or so episodes were quite good.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

folks: tonight's the night. LFG

aoftbsten likes this.
  15. Rowan5215

oh man that was everything I wanted it to be. so good

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

So great to see Ahsoka again. Fun episode.

bodkins likes this.
  17. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Apparently Rosario Dawson has been cast as Ashoka - not gonna say where cause not sure if that'd be a spoiler? and I don't know how to do spoiler tags on mobile so

18. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but the podrace sequence is longer in the D+ version of Episode I.

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gotta love George.

20. Dodge725

Trusted

Finished the Rise of Skywalker novelization and it was excellent. Highly suggest reading it even if you were in the fence about the movie. And if anyone has questions about the reveals from the book, especially the ones that got a lot of clickbait articles written, I can give a little bit more clarity and context.

21. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

All caught up with Clone Wars, so we’re onto Rebels now. Lol we’ll have this series done in a few days. Awesome so far.

coleslawed, bodkins and Greg like this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Gonna rewatch rebels once season seven of clone wars is done.

23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

after watching Phantom was a whim the other night, decided I may as well do a full series rewatch. Ep I sat/sun, II mon/tues, starting Clone Wars tonight. will measure this quarantine by how far I get through everything.

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

One of the slower episodes of Clone Wars, but I liked it. I'm enjoying the dynamic between Ahsoka and the sisters. Next week should be fun.

25. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

The Clone Wars movie doesn’t get much love, but that showdown between Dooku & Anakin on Tatooine is almost as beautiful as Obi-Wan & Maul’s meeting in Rebels.