Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 114

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. NitrateDawn

Regular

coleslawed likes this.
  2. NitrateDawn

Regular

I feel like it's a little weird to introduce this whole new area mostly in a non-visual format. (I know there's a comic but it's largely novels.) I haven't read a Star Wars book since the new canon started and that probably won't change but I am at least intrigued and interested now that they're finally going someplace new.

3. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’m hoping this is just phase 1 of a whole new initiative. Give us a game, a tv series, etc.

4. Books have maybe been the strongest part of the Disney era

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Charles Soule is one of my favorite comic book writers. Might need to read that.

bodkins likes this.
  6. bodkins

Trusted

His work so far in Star Wars has been top notch.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  7. From what the execs talked about at the press conference last night, the entire purpose of this era is to give writers room to play in. They likened this initiative to the time periods between Episodes VI and I and between III and VII. Books and comics are the primary focus and have been since the idea first sprung up in 2014.

Deanna likes this.
  8. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

the Maul/Death Watch arc and then The Wrong Jedi arc. Season 5 is so good. The Wrong Jedi ending still makes me tear up.

Rowan5215 and bodkins like this.
  9. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

ughh couldn't sleep last night and rewatched Twilight of the Apprentice, that goddamn exchange kills me

"I won't leave you, not this time" :verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad::verysad:

coleslawed and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  10. I'm late to the series, but Resistance is really good. Both seasons now on Disney+.

Deanna likes this.
  11. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

I need to watch S2! Thought the first season was pretty fun. Didn’t enjoy it as much as Rebels but 100% still worth a watch.

12. I love cel-shading animation, flight, and great character design. This series ticks a lot of boxes for me.

coleslawed and Deanna like this.
  13. Interesting, you are the first person I have seen that likes Resistance. The back half of season 1 was strong, but the first half was very bad in my opinion and I'm struggling to watch season 2. They did not build on the last half of the first season at all (in terms of quality).

bodkins likes this.
  14. Visually, I'm enjoying season 2, but the story isn't grabbing me as much as the first season or perhaps another show like Rebels/Clone Wars/etc. I've only watched the first half, but there are neat moments like the temples on Ashas Ree, First Order Raiders, etc.

The sequel trilogy tie-ins are pretty great without being overbearing on the characters and their own story. Like Clone Wars or Rebels, this is a kids show that starts out like a kids show. It took a while for both of those shows to touch on new and interesting themes.

spiffa0 likes this.
  15. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Now that it’s all on Disney+ I’ll eventually watch it. I never bothered because the look of the show had zero appeal to me aesthetically. The Characters look so off to me. So much so that I didn’t want to watch it. Then I heard it wasn’t good.

I binged Clone Wars, so it’s hard for me to say how that first season feels week to week. But I watched Rebels from day 1. While the show got better and better, the first season was still very good. meanwhile Resistance got shit on pretty hard it’s whole run. Even Force Center found it hard at times to be positive or even bother to stay up to date on it. That’s truly saying something about the quality.

It’s a shame it wasn’t that good. I’m just waiting for the Rebels follow up to be announced already.

bodkins likes this.
  16. bodkins

Trusted

I've watched all of Resistance. While I agree TCW and Rebels get better as they go, their premiere seasons were of a much higher quality to what Resistance ever reached. Sure they're all at least somewhat aimed at kids, but none more than Resistance.

The other issue is while the second half of season 1 did show some improvement, season 2 fell just as flat as the first half of season 1. The show never really got out of "filler" territory and relied too much on slapstick and not enough on any sort of compelling story barring a few episodes.

Still very excited for the future of Star Wars animation and Season 7 of Clone wars had a great premiere.

17. Greg

It is so weird that between the end of Rebels (incredible) and what has started off strong final season of TCW, we got two seasons of bad Star Wars tv.

What happened?

bodkins likes this.
  18. bodkins

Trusted

Filoni wasn’t there.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  19. Rowan5215

another great episode

Obi-Wan calling Anakin out in front of everyone was funny as hell lmao. and Echo's appearance at the end was genuinely unnerving. this new animation is just gonna be dropping my jaw every week huh

Greg likes this.
  20. Dodge725

Trusted

I feel like the animation budget was increased this season just from how dynamic a lot of the scenes have been. The first to come to mind was the hallway scene in the first episode when they infiltrate the cybercenter. It felt like the Daredevil one shot scene which was really cool to see these new filming styles in the middle of a battle in Star Wars.

Rowan5215 and bodkins like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoyed these episodes so far. They made some tweaks in the story from the animatics I don't recall the scene with Padme & Anakin being in there, which is great because it's kept them feeling pretty fresh. The animation has been stellar.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Glad I never watched the animatics. These episodes are great so far, and the animation is so good.

23. Rowan5215

looks like Filoni wrote that new scene to replace what was the original animatic, where Anakin finds out The Bad Batch have a pinup of Padme in their ship and tells them to take it down. Filoni apparently felt the final season should have better representation of Padme than that joke, which I fully agree with - and the new scene was great, Rex's awkward body language was so good

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Great decision from Filoni. The scene in the final is much better. I like how basically everyone seems to know about him and Padme.

25. Greg

Another solid episode! Glad I don’t know what happens next. I got a nice mild cliff hanger to hold me over to next week.

so happy the show came back. I needed some solid Star Wars.

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.