Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 113

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

When I was a kid I loved those Incredible Cross Sections books.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

One week.

coleslawed, bodkins and RJ Knorr like this.
  3. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I did not think that tweet said Bad Batch

Fucking Dustin and aoftbsten like this.
  4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I haven’t been reading them myself, so maybe what I’m reading about them is leaving things out... but the comics sure seem to be going out of their way to say that Ben really doesn’t do anything that wrong or make terrible decisions that lead him to the Darkside. So far it sounds like bad things happen near him and people blame him. It really doesn’t sit well with me. His redemption loses meaning if he truly didn’t do so much. What are these people doing to this character? How does this make any sense?

5. Dodge725

Trusted

I think the implication is his his fall was not his choice more so outside influence pushing him, but once he fell he did go all in. Snoke/Palpatine we’re pushing & manipulating him to the dark side, but he was initially reluctant tying to him still feeling the light in TFA until killing Han and then being a ruthless leader of the First Order until Leia and Rey told him he could still be redeemed in Rise of Skywalker. My guess is they want to plant more seeds to show how he would or could be redeemed and to round out his entire arc.

6. Greg

See, I don’t like that. Having it not be his choice cheapens it all for me.

7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

8. NitrateDawn

Regular

Just finished binging Clone Wars and Rebels in prep for Clone Wars S7. The Mortis arc, Rebels S2 finale, the world between worlds and how that connects back to the Rebels S2 finale, and the ending of Rebels are all some of the best things in all of Star Wars. Realllly would love to get that Ahsokah and Sabine series

coleslawed and bodkins like this.
  9. Greg

Man, as someone who has only binged The Clone Wars, this weekly episode release suuuuucks.

bodkins and Rowan5215 like this.
  10. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The first episode was great, as expected.

I know they won’t go that far in, but it would be great if they ran some episodes that were concurrent to Revenge. I’d love to see what happens with Rex during Order 66.

11. Rowan5215

I'm... fairly sure we're seeing that actually

and yeah, great episode. the animation looked fantastic, I'm glad I never watched the Bad Batch animatics now

bodkins and Greg like this.
  12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

At a wedding this weekend plus I haven’t finished my rewatch, so I’m not going to watch it for a little bit.

Did anyone watch the animatics they released for the bad batch arc when the show was cancelled?

13. Greg

Same, I’m glad I never watched them.

bodkins likes this.
  14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

oh forreal? I though it was going to end with something like Anakin and Obi heading to Coruscant ala the opening of RotS.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. Greg

That’s what I and probably a lot figured at one point. But based on the trailer we are def crossing over with ROTS.

16. Rowan5215

I think it's been pretty much confirmed (in the Ahsoka novel at least) that Order 66 happened at the same time as the Siege of Mandalore, which is why she wasn't present in any of the events of RotS. given that we're seeing the Siege this season, as well as the trailer having a pregnant Padme and a shot of Rex holding his head in pain, I'd say it's basically 100% Order 66 happens before the end of this season - only question is how much we actually see

17. bodkins

Trusted

Premiere was great! Show looks fantastic, Filoni and team are killing it. Glad I never watched animatics and I’m really looking forward to next week/the rest of the arc. Waiting for Clone Wars episodes is weird, kinda exciting though.

18. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

19. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Project Luminous getting revealed tonight. Although I think it’s just a series of books.

bodkins and ship90 like this.
  20. ship90

Trusted

Random House posted this a little too early on their site oops

coleslawed likes this.
  21. Definitely not an oops. Strategic leak for sure. It's working.

22. I think there's a good chance this could be a "journey to"-style campaign for a feature film(s) in early-stage production. Doubt we'd hear about that for a while though.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. bodkins

Trusted

Cover looks so old EU lol

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Good thread for those looking for more:

I'm excited. I could see this being a precursor to the next set of films - see what resonates the most in this material and then build off that.

ship90 likes this.
  25. Everything about this looks really cool. I've preordered the 3 books. August can't come soon enough!