Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 107

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Help me Obiwan Kenobi, you’re my only hope

bodkins likes this.
  2. bodkins

Trusted

I laughed at people signing petitions after TLJ, but I will sign all kinds of shit if they try to cancel Kenobi.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

finished Rebels tonight. the last few episodes (and season 4 in general) packed an emotional gut punch and reminded me why I love Star Wars. so much possibility in the Galaxy. bums me out more about the lack of imagination in TRoS, but also reignites my excitement for the other new things coming. Clone Wars season 7 is out so soon, Mando s2 should be dope, hopefully we’ll get something with Sabine & Ahsoka soon.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So a few years back I barely realized something about Return of the Jedi that I was reminded of the other day. When they are landing on Endor and give the code, the imperial officer says “it’s an older code but it checks out. I was just about to clear them.” I always thought he meant he was about to clear the code. As in erase it. But of course he meant he was about to clear them for landing.

I watched this movie every weekend for like 3 years straight as a kid and I never caught on to that once. I don’t know what made me snap about that a couple of years ago.

aoftbsten, Dodger and Greg like this.
  6. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I really hope there is a BD unit in whatever the next Star Wars movie is.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. MidDave

That game was awesome

8. MidDave

How is Binge Mode? Is this guys voice as annoying as i'm feeling?

Allpwrtoslaves likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Jason's voice can be a little grating if you're not used to it, especially since he basically starts every episode by shouting. But their analysis and dissection of the themes are usually great.

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Binge Mode is fantastic and I love Jason (and Mallory). He's just having fun with it.

coleslawed, bodkins and RJ Knorr like this.
  11. MidDave

His voice was just a looooot for someone who wasn't expecting it

12. Yeah he starts every episode with WHAT A GREAT WEBSITE when they mention the ringer and he definitely leans into things like KRENNIC. But I always found it more fun than offputting.

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  13. MidDave

lol it honestly reminded me of Josh Gadd in book of morman for a second haha

14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I enjoy Binge Mode. They do get a little obnoxious at times but overall I think it’s great. The Game of Thrones stuff is incredible. I didn’t read or watch Harry Potter so I skipped all that.

15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I haven't gone into their Game of Thrones pods yet, their Harry Potter ones are amazing. I got very emotional several times while listening, but pretty much any time Mal broke I did too. I can't wait for their Ahsoka deep dive.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Both of their voices took some getting used to. Especially on smart speed.. their laughs are something else. But once I got through the first episode I was hooked. I had tried their GoT pod before but couldn’t make it past their voices

17. I totally get the voice aversion thing. I mentioned in a thread that I didn't like someone's voice on a tv show and I got shit on for it.

18. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I’ve listened to every episode of Binge Mode. I can see why people would be put off by their voices

“Hellooooooo”
    “YEAAHHHHHH”

But I think they do great analysis and I dig their sense of humor

aoftbsten and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  19. bodkins

Trusted

get hyped

coleslawed, Rowan5215 and blast0rama like this.
  20. MidDave

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

bodkins likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Soo hyped. I wonder if we see Order 66 from Ahsoka's perspective.

bodkins likes this.
  22. blast0rama

Internet human. Supporter

That looks damn good. Now, to finish the seasons which exist by the time it airs...

bodkins likes this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I think we do, and even a little beyond that. This definitely crosses over with some of Episode 3.

coleslawed, bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  24. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

So excited!

25. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I've almost finished S4 - goddamn this show has been so good

Dodger likes this.