Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars Universe (Rebels, Clone Wars, Comics, Books, Video Games) • Page 101

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Oh my god damn is Jar Jar annoying. I'm barely a 3rd of the way through season 1 of clone wars and i already wanna see him slaughtered.

JeanRalphio likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Fortunately he isn’t in the show a ton, but he does pop up here and there. And nicely, when he does pop up he is treated like the moron he is by the other characters.

Dodger and aoftbsten like this.

3. Rain Johnson deserves better.

QueSuertejazz, Joe4th and TJ Wells like this.
  4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Damn. That’s sad to see

5. Poggle the lesser is a great star wars name

aoftbsten and Dodger like this.
  6. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Almost as great as Therm Scissorpunch

coleslawed, aoftbsten and spiffa0 like this.

7. I had never seen this before and after suffering the past two nights needed it.

8. Greg

I haven’t seen it in a while. But yes, after seeing episode 1 and 2 this week... it feels good

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

parts of this article posted are in reference to JJ taking over from Trevorrow, not coming in after Rian

aoftbsten likes this.
  10. NitrateDawn

Regular

scottlechowicz likes this.
  11. Anakin going full torturer in Poggle is great. Love getting more depth into his descent to the dark side.

Dodger likes this.
  12. The exchange between obi wan and grievous in the Grievous Intrigue episode is incredible

13. G: Your plans have come to ruination, Jedi.
    O: I hear a lot of talking, General, but in the final accounting, what does all the talk get you? A futile quest for power, a mutilated body, and your place as Dooku's errand boy.
    G: I'm no errand boy.I am not in this war for Dooku's politics. I am the leader of the most powerful droid army the galaxy has ever seen.
    O: An army with no loyalty, no spirit, just programming. Whathave you to gain?
    G: The future, a future where there are no Jedi.

Greg, Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  14. Greg

The Clone Wars does have some great moments

Dodger likes this.
  15. 20 more minutes in Sith. I can see the light.

scottlechowicz and Dodger like this.
  16. Greg

I’m glad I decided on chronological order for my watch through. After Rogue One tomorrow night I will have the 5 best movies left. Gonna be so good to see them all in a row.

Dodger likes this.
  17. I MADE IT.

[​IMG]

Greg, Deanna and Dodger like this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

8696CCE3-30B8-4EF5-A7E7-55D82ADC1B13.jpeg

coleslawed likes this.
  19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Dodger and Greg like this.
  20. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

OMG

21. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The actual full interview isn’t super promising: “I’ve been told that, for reasons that I quite don’t understand, that that’s not necessarily possible.”

Which, it just objectively, on a technical level, is possible. You can’t tell me that all these restoration nerds, w/ Disney’s resources, couldn’t make it happen. Like, I dunno if the Academy destroyed their unplayed 1981 New Hope feel after showing it w/ Rogue One this past summer, but if not... That was supposedly pristine, besides a tear during the Death Star explosion.

Still, while I don’t believe any of the people who expect it as part of a complete Skywalker Saga set next year, I do still believe we’ll get something eventually. Still hoping at least by the 50th anniversary, but obviously hopefully sooner, lol.

22. Tim

At the very least, I am glad that JJ is an advocate for them releasing the theatrical versions.

coleslawed likes this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lucas had them agree to not release the originals cut in the deal.

Dodger likes this.
  24. Greg

Until it happens, whatever. There has been so many articles about people wanting it done and it still hasn’t happened. I’ll believe it when I hold them in my hands.

25. Tim

I’ve seen that theory online, which would make some sense based on that Academy screening supposedly taking some time to get Lucas’ approval. I don’t think it could be, like, a literal “no theatrical versions” clause or whatever, but since IP ownership & distribution rights are different things, maybe Lucas still has shared distribution rights w/ the Disney-owned Lucasfilm. After all, Fox did still have distribution of 5 of the films ‘til, what, 2020? & A New Hope indefinitely.

Which, Lucas eventually approving that Academy screening is what gives me hope. Granted, he may have only done so on the condition that, like, they destroy that old print afterwards or whatever, lol. But, I still believe a release before his death is possible.