Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Phantom Menace is on in the hotel

coleslawed likes this.
  2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Billy Dee Williams in just in time to tell Finn he’s his daddy.

3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That would be the worst thing ever.

GrantCloud, Zach, beachdude42 and 3 others like this.
  4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

But really maybe he shows up for Leia’s funeral or something. That seems pretty logical.

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm going to assume he's been secretly building a branch of the resistance. He shows up to help after hearing of Leia's passing. Hopefully they give it a time jump.

6. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Came here to say this. Not to mimic RotJ in any way, but time jump seems feasible and a solid choice.

7. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Not a big deal but just curious. Am I the only one that thought that the whole “Resistance” died in the last jedi. They are no longer resisting the rising First Order because they have control of the galaxy now.

Luke says “the Rebellion is reborn today.” Then Rey says “how do we build the Rebellion from this?”

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

The rebellion can still be called the Resistance.

coleslawed likes this.
  9. NitrateDawn

Regular

Rebellion and Resistance just seem interchangeable to me, idk. As much as I love both TFA and TLJ, the political state of the galaxy is suuuuper unclear from watching the films.

10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I mean sure. But in-universe I doubt they’ll call it both. They never referred to themselves as the rebellion in 7/8. Just seemed like a deliberate decision by Rian to include those two lines as if in the future that was going to be the name of the faction again.

Could be wrong though. I’ll predict they drop the resistance name in 9.

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, I would be okay with whatever they call it.

Dodger likes this.
  12. ship90

Trusted

The falcon desperately needs a good clean... I hope it’s in better shape during 9. L3 deserves better ha. Wonder if Lando will have a moment with the falcon/L3

13. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The falcon desperately needs to explode into a million pieces in 9.

14. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

It'd be cool if Lando tells stories to Poe about his adventures in smuggling and how he came to operate Cloud City.

Cue standalone Lando movie with Donald Glover in said story.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  15. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I personally can't come up with a way to work in Leia's death on or off-screen or in the opening crawl or anything like that with what will be available (stand-ins, CGI, not show face, etc.) that feels satisfying and sufficient for the character and also a respectful, tasteful and worthy goodbye to Carrie Fisher. That is a *real* tall order for even the greatest of writers and directors, nevermind JJ Abrams, whose MO when it comes to emotion and feeling tends to be the narrative shortcut and distraction with fun and flash. I am hoping that someone with such a storied and impressive filmography as Kathleen Kennedy will know what to do and make it happen.

beachdude42, Dodger and FrenzalRob like this.
  16. Makoto

Monafide bonafide

I mean it can't be worse than Luke's death. Putting stock in Kennedy is pretty laughable at this point.

17. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I like the idea of the film opening with a Resistance memorial scene, for both Han and Leia. Where it's acknowledged that Leia died in battle, or passed of old age, or something tasteful and not dumb. Of course Lando is there and says something briefly, and the message is that the Resistance fights on through all adversities.

I imagine a scene similar to the ending of Star Trek: Into Darkness. Brief, tasteful, and done well without leaning on it too much.

I'd be annoyed if they only mentioned her passing in the crawl and nothing else. Such a throwaway for Star Wars' leading lady.

Dodger likes this.
  18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is exactly where I'm at too. Solo was a big misfire for me and kind of made me burnt out on new Star Wars. TLJ was great, and I'm more excited than I was when Trevorrow was still director, but still a bit wary.

19. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I cannot possibly disagree with this statement more. How can you write off the person who produced E.T., Gremlins 1 & 2, Temple of Doom, Back To The Future 1,2 & 3, The Goonies, Empire of the Sun, Innerspace, The Land Before Time, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Last Crusade, Arachnophobia, Cape Fear, Schindler’s List, Jurassic Park, Alive, Bridges of Madison County, Twister, The Lost World, The Sixth Sense, A.I., Signs, Seabiscuit, Munich, War of the Worlds, The Diving Bell & The Butterfly, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Tintin, War Horse, Lincoln and who also worked on Raiders of the Lost Ark...??? And those are just most of the really good ones. There are a lot more. That is a pretty solid filmography. I would argue that it is one of the most impressive filmographies in American cinema.

20. bodkins

Trusted

Hated that he died, but I felt his death was handled great.

21. It is. To dismiss it is ignorance of the highest level. Makes me think there's ulterior reasons.

22. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

That impressive filmography was all before she gave in to the SJWs and ruined all of our childhoods, though.

Tots obvi.

23. Quick let me make a YouTube video about it.

24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Kennedy does not care about male people.

25. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

My god. I will never forget this video.

Connor and Dinosaurs Dish like this.