Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah why would he bother doing that lol

2. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

On sheer principle alone I HATE 4:3 so so much, but it is pretty cool to see The Last Jedi done up like that. Straight outta my childhood throwing in tapes of The Goonies or Temple of Doom or the OT.

I don't think it'd be worth it to do the whole movie though. It's cool for like 15 seconds as a novelty but I wouldn't want to watch the whole movie that way. It is far too glorious looking of a movie to purposely ruin like that.

3. ship90

Trusted Supporter

It’s just someone having fun! I don’t need to watch an entire film like that but it’s fun seeing the teaser :vhs:

This made the rounds but I’m pretty sure Adam has stated this before, during TLJ press maybe?

This year, you’ll complete your Star Wars trilogy with Episode IX. Has it felt like a marathon journey after all these years?

With Girls, there wasn’t really an end in sight, so it was fun to develop it as I went, and to think about where it was all going. With Star Wars, I had one piece of information of where it was all going, and that’s where it has been in my head for a long time, and things were building towards that. It feels very theatrical, if anything.”

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

beachdude, coleslawed, Dodger and 3 others like this.
  5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Tomorrow. Title reveal. I’m feeling it in muh bones.

ForestOfAllusion and ship90 like this.
  6. Dodger

Although I forgot about Oscar nominations. Idk if that makes a difference. Maybe more reluctant to share the thunder with that news. Ill extend my prediction to either tomorrow or Wednesday.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

If anything its better because the oscar news has more people on the internet today/this morning. If its happening today itll be soon.

8. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

I think they'll save the title reveal for the Super Bowl. Probably just a brief ad revealing the title, and maaaaybe a voice over. My money is still on them not showing any actual footage until Celebration.

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I'd say there will 100% be no footage until Celebration, but title is anyone's best guess.

Superbowl could make sense.

Dodger likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

They're not even done shooting yet.

Disney sat on the Avengers 4 name until the first teaser trailer. Just do the same thing with Star Wars 9. Release a teaser at Celebration, which is the same month as Endgame, withhold the title until the teaser drops, and then get the hype train rolling in the summer. There's enough other stuff to promote during the Super Bowl that they don't need to start the IX hype then.

I won't be shocked if we get something in the next month, and my curiosity about this film would be cool with that. But, 2019 is a long year with a lot of popular IP to consume. *shrug* I'd rather wait.

12. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Previously, they have sent out a celebration exclusive shirt with the title of the film on it before the convention. Would be weird to wait until that Friday when the Ep 9 panel is happening as Thurs is the shopping only day... so they would just hold the merch with the title on it until the next day? Doesn’t make much sense.

They did at least release the Celebration poster today so that’s something ha!

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah i highly doubt we go into celebration weekend still not knowing the title.

14. Dodger

Like I said...tomorrow is the day

15. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

This hurts because it’s probs true

Contender, beachdude and currytheword like this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Watch there be a teaser trailer during the Super Bowl that shows nothing other than the title

17. Dodger

Ah well. Not big deal. I could see a Super Bowl teaser where its like a few images including short shots showing a new look from Kylo, a new look from Rey. Couple images. then Title reveal. Then after the reveal Rey lights her new yellow lightsaber (Its happening). that would be enough for people to go crazy and talk about it.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  18. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

sw.JPG

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh man, that's an incredible poster.

20. ew why is Dooku on the poster

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

My heart nearly stopped thinking that was Ep9 related lol

22. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Poster is amazing and is now my phone's lock screen. Really wish I could make it out to a Celebration. Has anyone here ever gone to one?

currytheword and Dodger like this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I think it would be a big mistake to not have a trailer ready to run before Endgame. As for the title reveal/first teaser, Superbowl seems as likely as anything else but I also wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen.

One thing that's for sure is that we can't necessarily rely on how things were handled in the past to determine how they'll be handled this time. In 7 days the January theory goes out the window, for example.

24. ship90

Trusted Supporter

Chicago will be my first Celebration woot woot. Love the poster.

The Super Bowl is right before the shareholder meeting so I can buy the title reveal happening then with some kind of announcement/light teaser. That would be exciting

beachdude, Dodger and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  25. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Dooku is way too big on that haha

beachdude, Dodger and SEANoftheDEAD like this.