Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 439

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

It is

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

super 8 rules and at least the first half of TFA is great

3. [​IMG]

Indigo, oncenowagain, SpyKi and 2 others like this.
  4. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

The force awakens is great, not sure how it is suddenly a shit movie

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

TFA is the best of the sequel trilogy. Harrison Ford as Han Solo >

6. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

The Rise of Skywalker being so fucking horrible and completely shitting the bed in the story department and wasting awesome characters retroactively hurts both of the previous films in the trilogy, but moreso TFA than TLJ in my opinion. TFA is still pretty great and super fun to watch, but it did feel like setup for later greater things to come which ultimately never materialized, and knowing that they never even bothered to come up with a satisfying story really ruins JJ Abram's whole mystery box approach. TLJ is a damn masterpiece and just stands better on it's own as a film by itself.

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

That’s all JJ is good for is set up. He’s admitted his strength is in building new curiosities, not satisfying them.

DrAlanGrant likes this.
  8. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Yeah, TFA is just fine, it's *enjoyable* enough, it just rings as much more hollow on rewatches due to what came after. So many little mystery-boxes and characterizations that you know will just... sputter out. Damn shame.

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

this was a shocking take to me at first but I might agree. MI2 has entered "so bad that it's actually good" territory for me

phaynes12 likes this.
  10. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

83115610-95B4-4753-BA91-1BBDB7BD4B6D.jpeg

Matt likes this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

[​IMG]

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lmao

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It's both, there was no overarching plan to start so that was the first problem, and then when they fired Trevorrow they also threw out his screenplay (which was obviously leagues better than what we wound up getting), which they never should have done.

If JJ had directed a version of Trevorrow's screenplay that was changed solely to account for Carrie's passing, then IX would've been a good movie imo

coleslawed and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  16. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

make fun of it all you want, but 9 year old me fucking loved this fight scene

17. I participated in the online code cracking game. :crylaugh:

Matt Chylak likes this.
  18. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

God, fuck this dude. I'm literally starting to get to that point with him just because of how he handled the new trilogy after his first

19. it still rocks

20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Definition of a popcorn movie (MI:2)

21. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

This thread, much like Palpatine himself, has been kept alive long past its natural lifespan purely through hate. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

coleslawed and bodkins like this.