Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 435

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

It definitely affects how much I love VII and VIII. They're still great but knowing how it ends up leaves a bad taste for the whole thing.

stars143, jkauf and Orla like this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

these movies would’ve been better if they were different

dadbolt likes this.
  3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can see it hindering the experience of VII and VIII, but I really don't see how it can hurt the OT. To be honest the plot of this movie feels so out of left field and disconnected from VII and VIII that I don't have an issue separating those two from this.

I've said it here before, but it's fiction. If you don't like where it goes, just use your imagination to take it somewhere else. I've got headcanon for IX that suits me just fine.

4. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I have to be honest it has made the ST less good for me but I can't see it affecting my love for the OT or PT. It's pretty much the only Star Wars movie I don't like. TLJ is still my favorite SW movie though, just wish it had a good followup.

WanderingSquall and Orla like this.
  5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

VII will always be good to me but the rest of the trilogy I probably won’t ever watch much. TFA was such a good start to a new trilogy.

stars143 and AFoolsGlory like this.
  6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk I do like this trilogy’s new characters but the more time goes by TFA is kinda super disappointing

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

VIII will always be incredible to me, which actually improved my thoughts on TFA. Those two are both fantastic as to me now and I hold a similar love for both, TRoS can’t change that.

I’ll never return to TRoS.

8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Last Jedi is the only worthwhile Disney Star Wars movie

9. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I'd still watch TFA and just pretend TLJ was the end of that series. The kid with the broom is a nice shot to end it on, ensuring Jedis will live on, etc. etc. I have no interest in ever watching TROS again. Disney and JJ can have that back.

10. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I’d include Rogue One, as well. Solo is fun, too, but entirely unnecessary.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Rogue One and TFA were the only Disney SW films I enjoy watching over and over again. TLJ went in a direction I didn't enjoy and TROS was just poorly made. I sometimes forget Solo even exists.

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Oh and just so everyone knows, the LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special comes out tomorrow. It’s okay. Nothing special. Very much for kids.

theagentcoma and oakhurst like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m watching it as soon as I wake up like it’s Christmas morning

14. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

The few jokes I’ve seen from the trailers have actually been kinda funny.

15. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Give me a trilogy about the first person who accidentally used the force and was like, “what the fuck was THAT?”

16. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

This is the best fan idea I’ve seen in a looooong time.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

My plan is to re watch this for the first time next month, but completely intoxicated so I’ll at least have fun. Hopefully.

18. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I have thankfully found enough stuff in this movie to enjoy watching it at this point, definitely don't hate it like I did when it first came out. It has my favorite opening to any star wars movie now

coleslawed likes this.
  19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

quit putting her on my screen, thanks

Leftandleaving likes this.
  21. flask

Trusted Supporter

bottom tier meme

22. Furry Werthers

Trusted

meme may suck but I will always appreciate anyone pointing out that the emotional peak of this movie is a hallucination cooked up in someone's head lol

coleslawed likes this.
  23. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

24. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I know most people don't like Colin Trevorrow or his films very much, and I also know things like this are pretty unpopular around here, but this thing is a hundred times better than the film we ended up getting. Plus, having a third (and not to be an asshole to a dead guy, but honestly least celebrated) director tackle the third film would have been a nice mirror of the original trilogy. At least this story feels like an attempt to continue the story laid down by the first two films -->

Duel of the Fates — Andrew Winegarner

25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Honestly, this is kinda heart-breaking but also so illuminating. This makes perfect sense out of what ended up on screen in TROS.