Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 433

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t question that it’s better than what we got.

2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Eventually, one of these spin-off shows is going to recontextualize this movie. It won't make this movie good, but maybe it'll make certain plot thread seem totally random. Kind of like the Clone Wars did for ROTS.

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

The "what if" scenario with Lord & Miller's Solo is interesting to think about. In theory, that movie is cheaper to produce because they don't end up shooting it twice, which in turn means it also finishes shooting earlier and gives them a chance to start marketing it earlier than four months from the release date. It's also very likely a better movie, which could give it a better word of mouth and a slightly higher gross. All of which likely makes the movie profitable enough to warrant a sequel.

4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I was honestly expecting this from them

5. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It would not surprise me if The Mandalorian verges into this territory.

6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I really hope not. Weren’t they on record when they said Mando takes place 25 years before the First Order?

bodkins likes this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Yea, but it could definitely delve into how one of these imperial factions was the spark for the First Order. There's also the question of what everyone wants with Baby Yoda which could tie into the "somehow, Palpatine returned" of it all.

coleslawed likes this.
  8. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the first part sounds cool

I had just been wondering (like you) if they might do a Clone Wars type series between TLJ and TROS ever since I heard how disconnected the latter is - and after hearing about just how many liberties they took with Clone Wars. Like actually taking place in that timeline slot.

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'd love an animated show that took place in that timeline. Something that actually explores the story threads leftover from TLJ like what does Kylo look like as a ruler? What's the relationship with him and Hux like? How does Rey use the Jedi texts? How does the Resistance recovery from being cut down to 20ish people (Finn as a rebel recruiter sounds fun)? What repercussions does Poe face for his actions in TLJ? How does the FO rule look to everyday people in the Galaxy? How does the elite class in the galaxy fair under the FO?

To be fair, some of those were touched on in the tie in novel Resistance Reborn, but I'm also pretty sure they started writing that book based on Trevorrow's script, not this.

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Lol best thing to come from this movie, jj should’ve done this

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  11. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

coleslawed, AFoolsGlory and Greg like this.
  12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t know if it’s just the high from coming back from Galaxy’s Edge but I watched the first hour of this on the flight home and it didnt bother me as much. Still think they could do away with the parts before the burning man festival. And of course not do the Chewie thing but it didn’t make me that mad this time. This is only my second time watching the movie, the first was opening night.

13. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lol so bad

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It was a police department with a couple of cops dressed as Vader and a stormtrooper saying remember to wear masks and social distance.

17. Orla

little old lady Prestigious

Lmfaooo

18. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

watching this for the first time now and the first ten minutes...

so much just fuckin happened and there’s like zero setup LOL

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

now Kylo and Rey are force arm wrestling a ship in the sky

20. Grapevine_Twine

It's a Chunky! Supporter

Oh that’s when Chewie dies !

bobby_runs and coleslawed like this.
  21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Oh yeah this movie moved at breakneck speed, absolutely devoid of good pacing lol

Furry Werthers and Orla like this.
  22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

it feels like a theme park ride

Leftandleaving likes this.
  23. flask

Trusted Supporter

I remember being irrationally annoyed by the light speed skipping at the beginning of the movie.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Same. It's probably I was just trying to wrap my head around Palpatine actually being back and I could actively feel the movie trying to distract me from that decision.

Orla, coleslawed and Furry Werthers like this.
  25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

This movie sucks. Just started playing Jedi Fallen Order tho and that doesn’t suck

Cameron, TSLROCKS, Orla and 2 others like this.