Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 424

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Rogue One below AotC is ridiculous.

2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah what? And the mando last?

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

4. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Ugh now I'm mad all over again

Ken and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  5. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

People are allowed to like different things than you. Jesus. This thread is the worst.

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That’s why the saga ended with ROTJ

7. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I am aware. Just like our opinions our Blades are Sharp.

8. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

TBF, one is Luke rejecting the dark side impulses while wasn't the general idea of the new trilogy's message about the Force generally that adhering to old ideas about "sides" of the force instead of balance was not ideal?

I gotta rewatch TLJ and TROS a bunch because I don't remember it very well but I thought I remembered that kind of being a big part of Luke's story in TLJ, about how he was saying the Jedi fucked up in their philosophy of the Force and etc.

9. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Yeaaaaaah, there's maybe something to be said there, but J.J. wasn't trying to say it, and couldn't if he tried :teethsmile:

coleslawed likes this.
  10. Ken and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  11. dlemert

Trusted

I watched the Skywalker Legacy making-of doc last night. Really good stuff. For all my faults with the movie (and there's plenty), one of them isn't that everyone involved with this thing wasn't insanely passionate about creating the best love letter to Star Wars they possibly could.

Also I'm more convinced than ever that all the worst parts of the script came from Chris Terrio, and that JJ simply didn't have the time or energy to push back on it. Whenever Terrio started talking I just wanted him to stop.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

actually all the bad parts of this movie can clearly be blamed on Joe Smith and Sally Jones of the writing committee

13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Finished up "Lost Stars" by Claudia Gray and really enjoyed it. Can anyone recommend another book to read? Was thinking either "Leia", "Bloodline", or something someone recommends.

14. emojedi

Trusted

The Mando being that low hurts

Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  15. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

You can rank it higher.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  16. Dodge725

Trusted

Those are both great choices and would be my first suggestions. If you like Rebel pilots, Alphabet Squadron is really good and the 2nd book in that trilogy comes out in June. Ahsoka is great. If you like her character, it’s a must read. Queens Shadow was good too if you’re a fan of Padme and the Clone Wars.

SEANoftheDEAD and aoftbsten like this.
  17. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thanks for this!

18. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I've only read Bloodline and Thrawn. Really enjoyed Bloodline. Thrawn was a slog to get through.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Ive heard that about Thrawn. If a books a slog, there's 0 chance I'm pushing through. Gonna check out Bloodline for sure.

20. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Bloodline is great, I agree with that recommendation. It gives a clear picture of the politics in the galaxy prior to TFA and gives some hints at why no one answers the call at the end of TLJ.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  21. Ferrari333SP May 28, 2020
    (Last edited: May 28, 2020)
    Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Man, just what a s*** movie this was. Amazing how catastrophically bad they managed the last three films

22. Thrawn was not a slog. Decent trilogy, I only didn't care for the second one.

The first is as good as the original thrawn trilogy from years ago and he's great in rebels.

DefeatTheLow likes this.
  23. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

True Rebel

24. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Fuck yea John!

FlayedManOfSF and theagentcoma like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

do you