Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 409

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Greg pm’d me. It was a misunderstanding, and I shouldn’t have piled on.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Disney released their COVID-19 updated release schedule and the next Star Wars movie is still slated for December 2022. I hope that means they've already begun some sort of pre-production. I'm still doubtful we'll actually get a movie on that date.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

They're going to do everything they can to hit that date, they really want to alternate Avatar/Star Wars every December from 2021-2027

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I saw that filming (or at least the live action parts) for the Avatar sequels has been postponed due to COVID-19. I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up getting pushed back a year too.

5. Anthony_

I thought production had wrapped on the first two sequels and they were only still working on 4 & 5? If 2 & 3 are just in post right now they should still release on time. But I could be wrong, I feel like we've gotten nothing but conflicting reports about how those four movies are actually being made.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It's been very hard to keep track of haha. I thought they were still filming for 2 & 3. The key takeaway to all of this is I still can't believe they are planning four (FOUR!) Avatar sequels!

7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah Avatar 2 & 3 are done filming. The question is does anyone care and will they make as much as the first? Doubt it

8. Anthony_

See, I thought they were shooting all four back-to-back. But yeah I have no clue. Really it's just a shame that James Cameron wasted so many years of his creative life on this boondoggle.

aoftbsten likes this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

They’re filming Avatar 4 & 5 next year while finishing the post for 2 & 3. Still not sure why Avatar 3-5 were already green lit but okay

10. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I do not for the life of me get their investing in avatar this much

11. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

it's truly insane they are making 4 more

Your Milkshake likes this.
  12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It held the record for biggest box office ever for about a decade. Of course they’re going to make more.

13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Yeah but filming 4 before the first sequel ever releases? They better hope people didn’t swarm to the theaters for the first one because of 3D or anything

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've got no interest in Avatar sequels and I don't really know anyone else who is. Of course, that doesn't mean I and others won't see it. I'm sure the first one will be a financial success, but there isn't any built in nostalgia for this like other franchises.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

and despite that, it’s had like no cultural impact

16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

yeah making 1 and seeing what happens makes sense but to basically have 4 filmed and done is insane.

17. Anthony_

I'll be in the theater opening weekend for Avatar 2. I don't have any particular love for the first one, I'm mostly just interested in seeing what Cameron came up with now that the plot isn't just a rehash of Dances With Wolves and all those other stories.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

An honest question: Why continue thinking about it, coming in here, etc? There's plenty of art I didn't like that I just moved on from and lived my life.

19. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I’m not really sure there’s anything productive about asking that. Conversations over

20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I have been absolutely fascinated since the beginning with this prospect because I personally can’t make any sense of it at all - so I’m really excited to see what happens with it lol as weird as that sounds

21. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

James Cameron is always worth seeing in a theater and I think Avatar is more his filmmaker's playground than a traditional franchise like Star Wars or Marvel or anything. Which makes it actually far more intriguing to me than most franchises.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

T2 is the only James Cameron I like

23. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

This is the most optimistic post I’ve ever seen and I respect the hell out of it.

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Both Terminators, Aliens, and Titanic are all great. Avatar wasn't particularly interesting on a story level but the plot works, even if it's cliched, and the innovation in technical visuals made it worth experiencing in a theater.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

like I just wanna see what the hell happens with it culturally. my hype level for the movies is zero rn based on Avi 1 but maybe a trailer would change that who knows