Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 399

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for those who are interested,

Digital 3/17
    Physical 3/31

bobby_runs likes this.
  2. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I’ve never been less excited to own a Star Wars movie.

3. Today I realized when it comes out I'm not even excited to re-watch it.

That's literally never happened before. Maybe when I get it I'll feel differently.

4. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ll buy it to have the complete saga but will I re-watch it a lot? Probably not

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i never bought The Last Jedi physically bc I bought the digital. I probably won't buy this physically either but I know I'll shell out for the complete saga box whenever it's released (probably this fall).

6. Greg

Noradrenaline likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

wonder if it will come to Disney+ right away, Frozen 2 is able to be purchased digitally for like a week now but still is not on Disney+ for some reason

8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Disney films won’t be released on Disney+ for a few months after their home release. So expect TROS around June/July

9. Greg

Yea. Like, I could not wait to rewatch TFA and TLJ. I bought a digital copy of TFA on amazon just to watch it a week early.

now? Now I’ll buy it and put it right on a shelf to let it sit. I don’t want to see this again.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

11. Greg

But the saga is ruined. My god, ruined more here than by the prequels somehow. I guess because it was the end rather than a poorly made prequel where we knew the outcome.

SpyKi likes this.
  12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

dang. didn't know that. that seems weird that their own movies are so heavily delayed - was there ever any explanation as to why this is?

13. Greg

They want people to buy them.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

While the headline here is a tad over dramatic, I do recall my first thought leaving the theater being, "well... they're not going to make another one of these for a while."

For the record, I think Star Wars will be fine. But I'm doubtful that 2022 is the next release date. I also think they need to drastically lower box office expectations for whatever comes next. There's going to be less of a market for anything outside of the Skywalker story line.

15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Complete saga 4K boxset comes out March 31st as well.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Don’t know if it applies to this film but also they already had agreements in place for other streaming services for certain films before they even launched Disney plus. Some stuff this is currently on Disney plus will even be removed so it can go to other services for a while

17. Greg

yea, the title is a little misleading to what the article actually says.

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I admittedly haven't seen Sleight or Sweetheart, but the reviews for both are hilariously reminiscent of TLJ (plays with genre tropes, subverts expectations, mostly well received by critics, poorly reviewed by aggregate review site audiences).

So, now I'm interested haha. Gonna try to check out his movies. Of course, with most Star Wars rumors, I'm going to take it with a grain of salt until it's officially announced (and even then don't count on it).

Joe likes this.
  19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

but do either of those movies have a fake-out ironing scene?

that was so clever you need a phd to laugh at it

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m watching The Force Awakens again. It still rules. Han and Kylo scene still packs an emotional wallop.

They’re the best two characters in all of Star Wars.

21. Ahsoka Tano would like a word

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve heard she’s great but I’m only referring to the movies, I guess

23. Greg

She is in two movies.

spiffa0 likes this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Which ones?