Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 395

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

cool art in there like how dark it looks

Leftandleaving likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I’m digging the look of those wide walkers. Gonna call them turtle walkers.

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I still havent seen TROS but I wonder if theres any room between TLJ and TROS for a tv series or something

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I have no doubt they’ll put out comics and novels to tie these two movies together. I would bet the rumored follow up to Rebels provides some explanations too seeing as it’ll take place between ROTJ and TFA and probably in the unknown regions.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  5. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If that concept art is real, that just makes the disappointment sting even more. Someone could’ve thrown that stuff together between when the script details leaked and now though.

TSLROCKS and blast0rama like this.
  6. Not gonna lie, these Coruscant looks are something I wanted to see since the start of this trilogy.

sawhney[rusted]2, ship90 and TSLROCKS like this.
  7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

They make me want a proper Star Wars horror film. Get someone like Del Toro or better yet, get Cronenburg to make a body horror or something.

Just get buck wild with this universe.

8. flask

Trusted Supporter

Holy shit at a public execution with a laser guillotine. Finn leading a storm trooper rebellion is exciting and makes sense so I can see why they didn't go with it.

9. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

lol

11. dlemert

Trusted

The weird thing is, the brunt of this movie could still happen given where things left off in TROS. Besides Leia and Kylo, isn't the entire main cast and just about the entirety of the First Order still alive? Make a 10th movie which is the real conclusion, have Force ghost Kylo act as a guide to Rey, make Snoke the REAL villain (who faked his own death in TLJ and created a puppet zombie Palpatine while he regained his full strength), and make the movie about the final liberation of the galaxy from the clutches of the First Order once and for all.

This thing should've just been two movies from the start.

12. Anthony_

I can’t believe I’m saying positive things On Line™ about Colin Trevorrow

13. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I wasn't crazy about that leaked script but that art looks kinda cool i guess.

14. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I don't know how one dude faking his death so he could fake revive a guy who died three movies ago only to reveal he himself was still alive would have went over but at this point screw it why not?

15. dlemert

Trusted

I was joking, haha (but only kind of). They should just lean into it at this point.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

God damn i wish Rey killed Chewie.

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

So there's another more final version of the Duel of the Fates script out there that was written after Carrie's death. Similar in a lot of ways, but with some key differences:

- No Coruscant, it's a different capital city instead
    - No Tor Vallum. Kylo goes to Moraband instead (still injured by a holocron explosion), is healed by some natives there. Him and Rey have a bunch of force convos. Kylo thinks he can control the force if he destroys Rey
    - Leia dies as the result of a battle wound. Tells Rey it's too late for Ben.
    - A Knight of Ren called Sollany Ren is kind of the stand in big bad, Kylo/Ben stops her from killing Rey

I like it less than the earlier draft, mainly for how Leia is handled (I actually kind of like what they were able to do with her in TROS) and how it basically uses a Knight of Ren as leverage for Bendemption. After seeing the outline for that, I can see why Lucasfilm wanted to get away from it.

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yea, I like this draft way less, and I think it’s what got colin fired

19. Anthony_

Still sounds better than what we got but not as good as the original draft. Also, I don't understand why he changed so much just because Carrie died? She already wasn't that important to the original draft other than helping redeem Ben right before he dies.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  20. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

Honestly I can't help but feel like they saw JJ's first draft, said woops we're out of time this is the least bad of all of them let's make it.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If I had to wildly speculate it's because it's clear he didn't know what to do with Leia.
    Yep. I think they just trusted J.J. could make it work after TFA.

coleslawed and FlayedManOfSF like this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

So I wonder how long it’s gonna take for the fan films based on this script to start popping up.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

24. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Lollllll