Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 391

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I'm pretty sure the ones praising the last jedi were doing so back then, and the ones who criticized it back then just moved on to other things lol

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Considering The Last Jedi was great at the time it came out and this wasn't, not likely lol

3. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

honestly I dont really remember reading much positivity. i enjoyed the film so the forums bummed me out and I decided to step out lol.

4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I doubt I'll ever think of this movie as great. Fine maybe. There will probably be some other canon material built around this that retcon it a little or make me appreciate it more (like Clone Wars did for the prequels or the Catalyst & Rebel Rising novels did for Rogue One). The Rise of Kylo Ren comic is already doing that a little (I highly recommend that to anyone who wants more Ben Solo/Kylo in their life). Like all Star Wars movies, I'll just end up focusing on the aspects I enjoy. I just enjoy diving into this universe so much that it's hard for me to ever hate anything in it. This one just feels more disappointing right now because of the quality of the movies that came before it.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I feel the exact same way and totally agree with the last couple of statements. I was going to wait til The Rise of Kylo combined all of the single issues into a book, but with all the great things I keep hearing idk if I can!

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I can't blame you for waiting until it's all out. Going issue to issue on it is testing my patience haha.

7. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

This prompted me to re-read some of the The Last Jedi thread in the weeks after release and it's very positive. There's even comments in the vein of "I wish the rest of the internet was as positive about this film as this thread".

8. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

There were those of us who loved it and defended it. But the thread got so bad at one point I left as well.

9. Anthony_

My initial reaction to TLJ:

My initial reaction to TROS:

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

thats awesome. i don't remember that. ill have to jump back in and check it out.

11. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

First reaction to the Last Jedi

First reaction to Rise Of Skywalker

12. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

Lol @ "the past has officially been retired." Little did we know.

Ah, to be young again.

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

There were things I didn’t like about TLJ upon first viewing, and still don’t really, but the majority of it I instantly loved and have only loved more after each watch.

Still haven’t seen TROS though, haha

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

First reaction out of TLJ:
    First reaction out of TROS:

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

TROS officially passed $1 billion today

bodkins likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Wait Ant.....you think RO is just fine?

Ken, David87 and Anthony_ like this.
  17. My first reaction to TLJ. I remember being so stoked and blown away.

And for fun, my first reaction to Rogue One.

18. Anthony_

Yeah it’s fine. I think it’s over-hyped but it’s not bad.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  19. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

People lose their minds in the third act and forget the far less superior first two acts. Which hey, you should end strong for people to walk out remembering and they absolutely did.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  21. Maverick

Trusted

So I watched this a couple days ago and I was pretty much thoroughly entertained. Yes it’s a hot mess, especially in the first and final acts. But getting past that there is a lot to like. The comedy started off rough but gets much better (C-3PO and Babu Frik are some of the best parts of the movie) can’t say anything bad about about the visual effects, and I’ve grown to really like Adam Driver in the past couple years after such fantastic roles.

I think I enjoyed this film as much as I did because I had already gotten over what Star Wars could be after seeing The Force Awakens. It’s probably the most disappointed I’ve ever been watching a movie, my least favorite Star Wars movie (Maybe after Solo though)

I really liked The Last Jedi, ever since I was a kid I always wondered what Luke would Be up to after ROTJ, and I liked what they did with him for the most part.

So while I was aware of all the bad stuff I thought the good outweighed the bad. Keeping most of the cast together really helped. And the emotional stuff really landed for me as well. I was tearing up over Princess Leia’s passing, and I was on the edge of my seat eyes glued to the screen when the climax of Rey’s eyes locked on the screen hearing all the past Jedi speaking to her, pushing her, guiding her to her inner strength..

..or I was still transfixed after locking eyes with Daisy Ridley at the Star Wars premiere after we turned a corner and almost ran into each other ha.

David Parke likes this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

So, more on that last paragraph lol

David Parke likes this.
  23. Maverick

Trusted

Ha yeah that was a great event to be at. I was working it so I got to see most of the cast but that was probably the highlight of the night, turning a corner almost running into someone in a stunning red dress whose looking right at me. As politely as I could I excused myself and stepped to the side to let her through.

aoftbsten and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  24. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Coming to digital March 31st and physical release April 13th.

bodkins likes this.
  25. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I actually like the idea behind the leaked scrip TONS more - although Colin is a putz.