Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. People care about that legacy stuff way too much. It doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things.

coleslawed and Jason Tate like this.
  2. Not everything needs to be the best/worst/most important ever. People need to relax and enjoy the damn movies. My word.

3. Exactly. Legacy can be argued about on some phone app by kids after I'm dead who cares. Hah.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  4. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

TLJ and RO are extremely pretty films

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

louder please

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Okay then. Any thoughts on kylo turning or not turning? Think it will happen? Do you want it to happen or not happen?

7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

sees the light but is held accountable and punished by fate

coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don't want to get caught up in speculating what I want or don't want, this is exactly what led to people's insane reactions to TLJ, they spent years building up the plot they wanted and then it didn't happen.

I want the writers to write the best possible story they can, and I want JJ to direct the shit out of it. I am confident both will happen.

ship90 likes this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I'll admit I probably got too wrapped up in the best ever/worst ever aspect of TLJ debates sometimes, but yea people need to relax. If you go into the movie thinking this has to be the best movie ever, you're probably not going to have much fun.

10. Dodger

that doesnt mean we should just not talk about Star Wars anymore. Thats half the fun. Just because a lot of people get attached to their own vision doesnt mean everyone has to.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Rey pushes Kylo off a cliff and then he's eaten alive my 5,000 hungry porgs. This is the only ending I will accept.

David Parke, Kuri44 and Dodger like this.
  12. Dodger

Reminds me of the lion king I like it.

aoftbsten likes this.
  13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

speculation is fun lol

14. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Can someone edit that GOT gif with Daenerys Targaryen riding that dragon out of the Coliseum to Rey hopping on a giant fire-breathing porg and flying away? That's actually the ending we need.

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

would you rather fight 1 porg sized rancor or 1000 rancor sized porgs

David Parke and aoftbsten like this.
  16. Dodger

I think you mixed this up lol

Your Milkshake likes this.
  17. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

A Rancor-sized Porg :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

18. Dodger

but Ill still go the 1000 rancor sized Porgs and cuddle with them all

aoftbsten likes this.
  19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I know this is the wrong answer in terms of me living, but 1000 rancor sized porgs. Rancors are gross, I don't care if it's only porg sized. I'd rather die in the wings of cuteness.

coleslawed, Your Milkshake and Dodger like this.
  20. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

Im shocked porg furries arent a thing

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'm on my work computer so i'm definitely not gonna google it but can we be certain that they aren't a thing?

David Parke and Jason Tate like this.
  22. Dodger

Its so weird. They did leave a crack in the Kylo-being-redeemed door with him not killing Leia. If they were to redeem Kylo I just assume that thered have to be a bigger baddie stronger than him where hed sacrifice himself to kill him. If they do end up tying back the Sith being able to keep themselves alive by re-introducing Snoke/Palpatine/PLagueis (dont kill me for hypothisizing this) thats the only way I could see that.

Its just a weird thing. I feel like he has to not be redeemed because hes slaughtered kids and weve seen him kill Han, and they cant do the same thing they did with Vader, but its hard to imagine not ending the Skywalker saga on such a depressing note with the last in the skywalker being the evil terrorizing the galaxy and then dying to end the movie.

I think the thing I want the most is keeping him bad, and somehow going into how he got this way. I think so much can be mined from the parenting angle. The fact that his parents sent him away to be trained with Luke and following a religion rather than keeping him and just being his parents and loving him. Only thing with that is that itd be hard to give the opposite perspective from Leia or Hans. I love not knowing what the hell is going to happen!

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I don’t think Kylo dying would be a depressing end to the saga. This isn’t really even the “Skywalker saga” anymore, it’s about the new folks and the roles they’re playing in this new fight in the galaxy. Who’s to even say that this film is the last we see of Rey, Finn, Poe, etc., I think you handicap the film by saying something can’t or shouldn’t happen just because it’s the ending of the Skywalker Saga. If anything the Skywalker saga ended in the last movie. Kylo isn’t a Skywalker. He’s a Solo or whatever. He carries Luke’s bloodline but, I don’t think that makes the “Skywalker Saga” about him now.

I think it would probably really annoy me more if they kept the whole “he’s good he’s bad no he’s good no he’s bad” thing going in this movie as well.

24. Dodger

Agreed. That is one of the biggest themes in Star Wars and appropriately so considering choosing light and dark side is a beautiful analogy to real life, but I feel like hes made his choice. Reys made hers. So I dont think its going to be a "torn apart" type thing. I think if anything it will be an epiphany type thing by the end.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  25. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Rogue One is still my favorite of the new ones stylistically. Had a great sense of impending doom to it.