Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 263

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these leaks were based on actual leaked details, but w/ a lot of guessing around those details. Like, I remember, before Endgame came out, seeing details not in promotional materials that ended up being right, but I think literally everything before the premiere also had a handful of details that were wrong. That's kinda what I'm expecting here.

For example, [DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL LEAKS] I would not be surprised if Rey & Palpatine are, indeed connected, but not quite in the graddaughter/grandfather way that the leak claims[/DISCUSSION OF POTENTIAL LEAKS].

beachdude likes this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

3. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

beachdude, emojedi and Sean Murphy like this.
  4. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I’m planning on going 100% dark when the world premiere starts on Tuesday. I don’t need people’s reactions informing my own.

beachdude likes this.
  5. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

3 sleeps.

6. dlemert

Trusted

I believe the LA premiere is tonight, so that means we will probably be getting some very initial first impressions on Twitter.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think embargo remains up on any 'reviews' until the 18th, idk if that includes 'twitter reaction' or not.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

but in fairness, no celebrity who got invited to the premier is going to dump on it, so you have to take their reactions with a grain of salt. they're all gonna say it's the best SW movie and probably that 'they laughed, they cried, etc.' lol

9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally finished my rewatch. Gotta say I loved going from Solo into TFA & TLJ. Hanging out with Young Han and then Old Han was a good time. Until he's killed by his own son that is.

Cannot wait until Friday. This week is going to drag.

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  10. It will be multiple variations of reviews like this:

"Perfect ending to the Skywalker saga!"
    "I'm not crying, you're crying!"
    "Best Star Wars movie? Maybe."

FrenzalRob, ship90, bodkins and 5 others like this.
  11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

exactly haha

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

"Best Star Wars movie since Empire."

Zilla and Sean Murphy like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

a little more context would explain that the problem/challenge, was not necessarily a bad thing.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. Seeing 7 & 8 at a theater tomorrow then this one on Thursday night. Trying to cram Rogue One between as I haven't watched it since it came out. I still need to start The Mandalorian as well.

What a time to be a Star Wars fan, honestly. Who knew we would get this much content back then?

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  16. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

I remember when Age Of Ultron was a MASTERPIECE after the premiere

Zilla likes this.
  17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

and have it all actually be good

18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Ranking time, baby!

The Empire Strikes Back
    - expands the mythology in a captivating way. There's never a dull moment. It's dark but still feels adventurous. And it's got Yoda. What can I say, this is my favorite movie ever and that hasn't changed.

A New Hope - I love it even more than I remembered. The perfect tale of the hero's journey. Lucas directs it a little flat at times and that's probably what keeps it at two instead of jumping to number one.

The Last Jedi - Oh yea, the movie has flaws, but it's also got a deep emotional core driving everything. Every major character has a well establish arc and the highs are so damn high. It's just a beautiful film that reexamines what Star Wars is while staying true to the themes.

The Force Awakens - Undeniably fun, a love letter to the original trilogy that introduces us to a great new cast of characters. Derivative, but it still feels fresh. Were it not for a third Death Star derailing the story a bit, this could even be number two on my list.

Return of the Jedi - Honestly, this is pretty much tied with TFA for me. The opening sequence is great, but it feels like a separate movie from the rest of the film. The ewoks are great and cute, but I get a little bored when we're hanging out in their village. Still the throne room scenes tie everything together and makes for a satisfying end to the trilogy.

Solo - An absolutely underrated entry in the series. It's a small scale refreshing break from the galactic stakes of the episodic films. Full of great characters (Alden really nails it) and I love exploring the criminal underworld.

Rogue One - I enjoy the movie, but I'm always just waiting for that third act to start. It's got a few characters a love (Baze, Chirrut & K2) and I like the others, but I can't help but feel like I only empathize with Jyn because of the prequel books Catalyst & Rebel Rising. The war movie feel works very well here, but I guess I personally just enjoy Star Wars when it has more of an adventure movie feel.

The Phantom Menace - It's got fun moments, but it can also be undeniably boring and tough to watch. Fantastic score and it doesn't hurt my holistic view of the franchise in the way the other two prequels do.

Revenge of the Sith - No longer my least favorite of the three. The first act is fun enough for to bump it up in the rankings. Still, Anakin's turn is so unnatural, even with added context of the Clone Wars and that brings the whole thing down for me.

Attack of the Clones - I found very little to enjoy in rewatching this. Anakin is so creepy.

coleslawed, Dodger and Jason Tate like this.
  19. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Does this new trilogy have a shot to be anyone's favorite SW trilogy?

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Mine, yeah. I didn’t grow up with the originals and the prequels are pretty bad. The new trilogy is probably already my favorite.

coleslawed and JeanRalphio like this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

can't say until we know how it ends, but i'd say likely not for me, but that doesn't take away from it at all.

JeanRalphio likes this.
  22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

if they blow out this last one...it will be my fav.
    If it is RotJ quality...it will be firmly behind the OT.

Dodger and JeanRalphio like this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

hard to imagine so for me. i like TFA but it’s safely below the OG three for me, and ANH and ESB are above TLJ. would love to be proven wrong but i’m not anticipating this being better than TLJ

sawhney[rusted]2 and JeanRalphio like this.
  24. I don't think so. Nostalgia factor is too high with the original trilogy. And Empire is such a strong installment.

JeanRalphio likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

can’t wait for someone to swing through with a drive by like “nah it’s the prequels for me”