Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 262

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I think this is the move. Maybe I’ll do it in secret haha.

Can’t go Thursday unfortunately. Which is also why I’m so anxious to go ASAP.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh yeah, then Friday gets my vote for sure.

3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Whatever happened with that Rian Johnson sweater?

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The preorder went live on Friday, which someone shared, though the thread moves fast enough that I can see how someone would miss it.

I preordered the sweatshirt. Also thought about buying the "be nicer to Kelly Marie Tran" t-shirt, but I ultimately decided to skip out on wearing something that references the hate that directly.

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Thank you!

EDIT: And I NEED that Toni Colette ornament!

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Lol oy vey

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So stupid. Why did I even skim it. She puts him in his place several times and if anything I’d say “she wore the pants” in the relationship. He was the weak one that was emotional and did anything he could to keep her. And she isn’t weak minded anyway.

justin. likes this.
  9. aoftbsten Dec 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 15, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Crossed off TFA in my rewatch. God, I love it. Everything about it, the action, dialogue and design feels like pure Star Wars. It moves at such a breakneck pace. The only thing that takes me out of it is still Starkiller. It just shifts the plot focus from finding Luke to having to blow up another big gun. And I don't personally find this movie's version of the trench run to be anywhere near as thrilling as ANH. That being said, it is surrounded by excellent scenes with Han/Finn/Rey & Chewie on the ground. The bridge scene still gets me every time. And that lightsaber battle is just fantastic. Kylo vs Finn feels like when Vader is just toying with Luke on Bespin. Rey vs Kylo is beautifully choreographed and I love her expression when she unwittingly calls the saber to her plus when she puts it all together that this is the force.

While I wish it did a better job at setting up the state of the galaxy, there is more done there than I remember. Hux's speech and a few lines of dialogue from Maz help drive the point home that the First Order is kind of just chilling in the shadows.

And the Mary Sue crowd can get bent. They clearly didn't watch the movie or just don't care to. Rey fails several times in the film. She accidentally unleashes the rathtars, runs away from the sabers call, gets captured by Kylo, is unable to keep Kylo from entering her mind, and then gets flung into a tree and knocked out. She isn't this stoppable character. Plus you can tell that she is baffled by what she's doing with the force and is only able to even access it's power thanks to Kylo tinkering in her head. It also helps that Daisy is damn charming.

All in all, a great Star Wars film. Next up TLJ and then I think I'm ready to rank haha.

10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Rewatching Poe is way more “overpowered” than anybody. Dude doesn’t miss a shot once and takes out like 12 TIEs in like...a minute.

aoftbsten likes this.
  11. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Had a dream last night that this came out then Disney struck their trilogy from canon because of fanboy backlash and then to replace it they bought the Looney Tunes and created a new park purely based around that. Also my year 9 art teacher was there?

Can't wait for this fucking movie.

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Discussion of potential leaks below:

So... for those who have been following the "JediPraxis leaks" on Reddit... it's looking like they may actually be significantly wrong. To what extent... we'll find out soon. But some new stuff leaked from the Visual Dictionary that isn't mentioned in any of those "leaks", and the person who posted the page on Twitter called JediPraxis a liar.

I'm actually more excited now at the possibility that we really know a lot less than we think we do. I always thought it was a bit weird that basically the full plot leaked so early... I think I'm gonna sign off from Reddit at this point and go in fresh.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I want to be free of this pain

coleslawed and beachdude like this.
  14. emojedi

Trusted

[​IMG]

beachdude likes this.
  15. emojedi

Trusted

and my personal favourite
    [​IMG]

justin. and beachdude like this.
  16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

mfw reading sw leaks

upload_2019-12-15_19-36-48.gif

GrantCloud, Barresi and beachdude like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Dang. @sadboykylo is getting personal. This is becoming more entertaining than the prequels.

18. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Haven't read a leak. In 36 hours I'll be mid TROS probably squeaming of happiness.

So clooossseeeeee.

coleslawed, aoftbsten and beachdude like this.
  19. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Just rewatched TFA And TLJ.
    I think I flop on how i feel about last Jedi every time i watch. Currently find it meh.

Laura dern misses as holdo until she kills it. I love her usually but something is off initially.
    Rose and fin, someone should have died on Crait.
    Rey and Kylo fucking slay. both embody their characters well.
    Love Luke’s arc.
    Carrie poppins as an idea is great. The effect makes me laugh every time.
    Canto is my favorite prequels scene.

Really stoked for Friday. Have literally 0 idea where this is going to go.
    Kinda crazy the saga is over.

the empire of dreams thing on Disney plus really sucked me back into the lore.

coleslawed likes this.
  20. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I’ve read all of the JP leaks, but decided that I’m not going to read any of the Visual Dictionary leaks so I’ve at least got some surprise when I watch.

21. emojedi

Trusted

if JP was lying it really explains why Disney hasn't come down on Burger King yet

beachdude likes this.
  22. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Idk. I think a lot of it has to be true. All of those leaks happened a long time before most of the footage that’s been released, and none of it has disproven the leaks yet.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm thinking SOME of it is true, but likely is missing some key pieces. We've still seen very little of the actual runtime of the film yet from all the combined trailers/TV spots... I think it's very possible whoever leaked all the info had an incomplete picture of the movie.

24. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Friend of mine works at Orlando (Galaxy's Edge) and even though she's not in the media/distribution department, she said that each TV spot has been designed on very short notice based on heresay around the film. Apparently the guys in the Lucasfilm advertising department are being very coy, as in they know what they're doing in regards to possibly confirming what people are saying about the movie, without confirming anything.

beachdude likes this.
  25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

god this movie needs to come out in the worst way