Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 261

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I want so badly for everyones leaks and spoilers to be proven wrong but, i’m less than confident.

Omni and phaynes12 like this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

hot damn we're five days out. This is nuts.

bodkins likes this.
  3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I probably have just enough time before my showing thursday night to watch TLJ when i get home from work

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

My work schedule makes it pretty easy to watch TFA Wednesday night, go to sleep, watch TLJ Thursday morning, go to work, then see TRoS after work.

I’ve revisited both of ‘em in the past month, finishing a viewing of TLJ in the past 24 hrs. Still think I’m gonna go for it, though. Especially since I’ll have read spoilers by then. I really wanna just enjoy this dang movie, so if I can watch both films w/ those spoilers in mind, in the 24 hrs leading to this one, w/ natural breaks between each one, I should hopefully be primed to focus on what they did right w/out potential Rey missteps or whatever tripping me up.

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

TROS fortnite event is alright. I’ve been slaying noobs with Luke’s, Rey’s, Kylo’s and Mace Windu’s lightsabers

6. Dodge725

Trusted

Fiance is out of town this weekend so today I’m watching the full OT. On Empire now. A New Hope is a great intro and the mythic story, but it’s really amazing how much Empire opens it up to being a universe and much less of a one-off. Man I love Star Wars.

aoftbsten likes this.
  7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Haha yeah, unfortunately they’re definitely real.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Where could a fellow find these

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Leaks? Starwarsleaks on reddit.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Leftandleaving likes this.
  11. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

The Prestigious Forum section on Chorus

12. Dodge725

Trusted

The lightsaber fight on Cloud City is so good and says so much about Vader just from how he approaches the fight throughout. It all seems like a test to see if Luke is strong enough to join him. He starts out fighting with only hand, like a sparing match. Then after Luke shows some skills by jumping out of the Carbon Freezing Chamber does he use 2 hands and actually have to put forth some effort. He then uses the Force to distract Luke, and once he surprises him in the hallway he only then starts really attacking him to beat him and end the fight. It’s like he finally passed the test and now Vader can defeat him and turn him after he’s proven himself.

13. emojedi

Trusted

What is everyone’s predictions for box office opening weekend? It’s going to be an incredibly tough film to predict. I personally hope/see it making over $200m

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I think it will be inbetween TLJ and TFA, somewhere around $235 million

15. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Rewatch nearly done. Just finished TFA. Simple as that movie is, it never fails to bring a smile to my face. Kevin Smith nailed it when he said "The Force Awakens and J.J relit the Star Wars furnace and brought back the magic." So much truth in that.

TLJ Tuesday night, then a midnight screening of this 24 hours later. I hope to god this movie blows me the fuck away.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I won't be able to see the new one until after Christmas probably unfortunately. Work always really picks up for me around the holidays and I have a lot of family shit too. Hopefully I can avoid being spoiled, though it's not the end of the world if I do like it is for some people lol. Still need to watch TFA and TLJ in my rewatch too

17. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

TPM - We are brave, your highness
    AOTC - I think he's a she, and she's a changeling.
    ROTS - You were my brother, Anakin!
    ANH - But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?
    ESB - Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.
    ROTJ - You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me. .
    TFA - I bypassed the compressor.
    TLJ - Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters.

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Watched AotC last night. Worse than I remembered. Anakin is creepy.

Christopher Lee is awesome, RIP

beachdude and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  19. flask

Trusted Supporter

I tried watching it last night two lol. Made it to Dex’s diner and I was just like...why am I doing this to myself?? Went back to playing Fallen Order.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Christopher Lee is another example of how awful dialogue made CHRISTOPHER LEE look like a miserable b-movie actor

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the like where hes like “our knowledge of the force cannot settle this, but our skills with a lightsaber” makes me squirm lol

22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah I’m doing it right now and it is DEEP HURTING. Truly abysmal.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Okay, I need to burn off a personal day this week... Do I use it Friday to see this movie or do I wait to see it on Saturday when my girlfriend, friends, and family can go together?

One day is a world of difference in spoiler time....

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

See it friday and then again saturday ;)

aoftbsten, beachdude, Dodger and 3 others like this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Are there any Thursday showings in your area?