Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 258

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. emojedi

Trusted

The sound effect of Jango’s seismic bomb. It’s the best second sound effect in the saga next to the Tie Fighters

2. I didn't see episode 2 or 3 until just before The Force Awakens, and I figured I hated them because the nostalgia factor didn't come to play. But your post makes me realize (as if I didn't already know) that they are just really bad movies, in general. :-)

3. emojedi

Trusted

3 is an amazing movie.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

amazing is not a word i’d use personally

5. I'll admit, ep 3 had some cool parts. Especially near the end, if I remember right. I've only seen it once, but I still have no desire to ever sit and FORCE myself to watch it again.

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Just watched II last week. One thing that really bothered me was the fight with Dookoo at the end. They start out blocking every strike like it’s so easy and then all of a sudden it’s like Dookoo just decides to win and Anakin just casually lets his arm get cut off like he forgot how to block.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

conversely I enjoyed ep1 as a nine year old

coleslawed and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  8. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Tried to make it all the way through ROTJ for the first time in a while. Couldn't do it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

10. emojedi

Trusted

what aspects of that movie are hard to get through?

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

for me ROTJ isn't hard to get through but you'll definitely catch me spending most of the time they're in jabbas palace on my phone lol

12. When I want to watch the original trilogy these days, I only watch the De-Specialized Editions.

neo506 and Barresi like this.
  13. emojedi

Trusted

same except for Empire cause they are barely changed and look pretty on blu ray

14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Galaxy Quest rules.

“Look around you... can you fashion some sort of rudimentary lathe?”

15. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Everything at jabba's place. The ridiculous slave leia outfit feels weird and kind of gross, and something about all of the wacky endor stuff feels off, after the seriousness of Empire it feels weird but I'm not sure what it is exactly since I don't hate the ewoks.

16. emojedi

Trusted

to each their own. it's my second favourite so i love it personally but i agree some aspects of Jabba's Palace is dated

JeanRalphio likes this.
  17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I would probably say the only great things in the prequels are Ewan McGregor and the score.

18. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

My man sheev is the only other thing I'd add:emperor:

19. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

The whole Jabba sequence is dope, though. I love that it’s one of the places where the pulpy John Carter on Mars influence comes most to the sequence. The whole vibe of it all rules. Luke gets to cut loose, Leia gets to strangle Jabba w/ her chain, Han accidentally kills Boba Fett, a fat guy cries over his dead monster... So good.

coleslawed, SpyKi, dlemert and 4 others like this.
  20. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Bye friends! Enjoy the movie. See you all in a week and a half.

JeanRalphio likes this.
  21. I don't think I'll be able to see this new movie for a few days after it's released, which is kind of a bummer, BUT I will be seeing it in London on my honeymoon, so that's not a bummer at all.

FrenzalRob, aoftbsten and JeanRalphio like this.
  22. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

If I just skip the singing frog shit I would probably like it all a lot more. That whole thing might annoy me enough to ruin everything else after lol. I hate that shit

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Honestly, if I could make any Star Wars film, I’d wanna make one set entirely on Tattooine. No space. Just exploring all the established mythology & some new stuff, from the perspective of a new character.

Jawas. Tusken raiders. Mos Eisley cantina. Jabba’s palace, w/ practical Jabba & as many theatrical Return elements as possible. Podracing. Moisture farming. No Skywalkers or Obi-Wan, etc.; just a 2-hr adventure through this planet’s culture.

24. Have you see the Mandalorian Tattoine episode yet?

phaynes12 and bradsonemanband like this.
  25. and blue milk, or nah?

coleslawed likes this.