Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 256

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Would the MCU count in which Thanos and his quest for the infinity stones was pretty much behind most of the major problems? Attack on New York, The Guardians forming against Ronan, Tony's vision of Thanos' next invasion which resulted in Ultron and to another extent, the Sokovia Accords, and of course Infinity War/Endgame.

3. I’m not arguing over the MCU again. But Tony Stark was the real villain.

justin. and phaynes12 like this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I think in that regard, considering the post credits scene of avengers 1, it was obvious that thanos was behind it all? Like it wasnt a surprise in end game the way it was a ‘surprise’ in spectre or would be in this film. I get your meaning but i dont think its 100% the same situation.

justin. likes this.
  5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

one week from this very moment

bodkins and FrenzalRob like this.
  6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Starting my rewatch tonight. I'll try to conjure my inner 12 year old to get me through Episode 1

FrenzalRob likes this.
  7. Cross your eyes so you don’t see the horrific green screen. That’s my advice. Oh and lots of fucking booze.

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Empire now.

on my rewatch of a modified Machete order.

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  9. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Did watch the clip, but the discussion in here vaguely supports some theories I’ve had.

Getting more and more hyped for this.

10. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

A New Hope today. Just fucking tell him Leia is his sister Obi-wan. He could have slept with her!

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Regardless of how this movie goes I’m thankful for a place that has been (mostly) enjoyable to talk about different aspects of Star Wars since TFA came out. The internet is mostly shitty and the toxic Star Wars fandom has been unreal in most places of the internet the last 2-4 years. Thankful for all of you & happy I’ll be walking out of my showing of this in exactly 1 week.

(Also I can’t fucking believe TFA was 4 years ago?? Where does the time go)

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Man i was thinking about this yesterday haha it feels like just yesterday we were getting ready to kick off this new trilogy and now we’re about to end it.

13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

It’s pretty surreal. I remember EXACTLY where I was when me and all of my friends watched “Chewie, we’re home” for the first time in that trailer. I remember thinking the wait was gonna be forever between that trailer and that movie. And now we’re about to be done with this trilogy

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I was at my desk at work on lunch watching the stream of SWC and the TFA trailer made me tear
    Up at my desk haha - ive streamed the last two SWC as well at work along with trailers and all the folks in my office who are into SW talking about it and getting tickets together.

idk if ill ever feel about future SW projects/films the way i do about the skywalker movies, in terms of emotional excitement, so i’m fairly confident for that reason alone the ending of this saga is going to destroy me lol

15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I did the same thing, watched the live stream at work. Worked from home for very trailer premier after that haha.

I’m not sure I’ll ever be quite as hyped for the non-Skywalker movies or tv shows that come next (I’ll definitely be really hyped though, don’t get me wrong). So I’m just kind of soaking in this one last round of lead up.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Didn’t notice they changed the call that obi-wan makes when he scares off the tusken raiders

17. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I don't think any future Star Wars will have the same effect on people as the Skywalker saga has.

I also think anything not related to the Skywalker saga won't do anywhere near as well. Despite people saying they're ready for all new characters and adventures, people will miss these characters and the tie-ins.

18. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t understand that hallway and ladder that leads to the guns in the falcon. They go vertical but then it appears to be horizontal when they are shooting

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched ROTJ and I still really love it. I honestly think I might enjoy it overall more than ANH, the finale is just incredible

I've never gotten if Vader knows that Leia is his daughter though. It's been a while since I watched, so on this watchthrough I was wondering if he even knew Padme had twins, but literally the last thing he says is about Luke's sister so now I have no idea lol

Barresi likes this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

A true classic.

Brother Beck likes this.
  21. I think it will over time if they make new characters reappear over a decade of films or more. A new generation of fans will probably be more into them than into the Skywalker Saga ones at some point. Would be cool imo.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  22. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

Just did ANH and TESB back-to-back as part of my rewatch.

Maybe I've never noticed it before, and while both creatively are very different films, TLJ seems to take a lot of beats from TESB. The chase, the isolated Jedi training, force communication, and of course the offer to join the dark side. I'm sure everyone else has seen this and I'm just blind, but this is the first time I've noticed it, which is odd because I love both films.

I'm really enjoying story/chronological order for my rewatch too. Builds the story in such a different way.

23. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

People tend to focus too much on subverted expectations & Luke’s arc to talk too much about Empire parallels, but it does come up sometimes. Really, though, while it does follow the middle episode structure, its meta layer also leads to other references. The scene w/ Snoke is more like Return than Empire, & Luke has big Obi-Wan in New Hope vibes.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Episode one done. Jar-Jar is still insufferable and man did that CGI age poorly. Jake Lloyd is baaaaaaaaad.

Also kinda got semi-creepy vibes from Qui-gon towards Shmi Skywalker. He touches her a lot.

25. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I care more about the galaxy vibes. mandalorians hitting some of those notes.

FrenzalRob likes this.