Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 254

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I'm so absolutely hyped, I can't believe how close we are!!

DefeatTheLow and Sean Murphy like this.
  2. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

This movie is gonna absolutely wreck me. I can't wait.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic Dec 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Dec 12, 2019)
    SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Clip has me friggin hyped

Sometimes the “it was really me the whole tiiiiiime!” Trope just doesn’t work at all (see: 007 Spectre) , so I hope they make it believable here.

4. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. bodkins

Trusted

Yea that clip is incredible. Kinda wish I didn't see it until theaters, but I'm cool with it. To me, this clip confirms it's actually Palpatine who is talking to Kylo in VII when he says "show me the power of the darkness" and addresses him as grandfather. Anakin aint there pal.

6. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

100%. Not to mention the voice during that sentence goes from Palp, to Snoke, to Vader. Implying that he was behind it all.

bodkins likes this.
  7. Has it ever worked?

Sean Murphy and bodkins like this.
  8. bodkins

Trusted

So are we now to assume Snoke was never really there? Just a force projection a la Luke?

9. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

That, or it was some sort of Sith possession type of thing maybe

bodkins likes this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I think he was real, but he was just another puppet, and we’ll find out why.

bodkins likes this.
  11. bodkins

Trusted

Like Monin's mask. There's certainly precedent.

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Holy shit that new clip is dope as ffffffuuuuuuu

13. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I hope this movie goes full spectacle and HUUUUGGGGEEEEE for the first 2 hours.

Then the last half hour is emotional, heartwrenching and all the tears come.

14. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Just give me a good star wars movie. Don't try to do to much.

FrenzalRob likes this.
  15. Throwing it out there but I ain't crying if they go Bendemption and he dies.
    Not a spoiler that I know of, just a random guess of a thing that could happen.

DrAlanGrant and Sean Murphy like this.
  16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

I'd say the chances of this are pretty high. Hits the same beat as RotJ and would be too tempting for JJ not to do.

17. Should I start the "remake ROS with Rian Johnson as the director" petition now?

18. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

"J.J absolutely tarnished the legacy of blue tiddy milk. The absence of it in TROS was and is a travesty to Star Wars."

tomdelonge likes this.
  19. LightWithoutHeat

Hah! I have to admit, I was a long time hater of TLJ but I've come around some, especially after re-watching TFA and what little I've heard about ROS. At least he attempted something different. It would be great to see what he could do away from expectations about the skywalkers and OG cast.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I keep seeing people call the milk in TLJ blue. It was clearly green to me. I know it’s blue milk in other movies, but I assume it’s green in TLJ because it’s straight from the source. Or implying it’s from a difference creature than the blue milk.

coleslawed likes this.
  21. LightWithoutHeat

It's unpasteurized, so of course it's green.

coleslawed and Sean Murphy like this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Right, I just feel like I’ve seen it referred to as blue here quite a few times for some reason

23. But what I will be the most upset about is if there's a need to tie Rey's greatness back to any bloodline. The idea that you need to be born special is such a gross idea that if they do it it's a real shame. It won't make or break the movie, but it'll be deeply unsatisfying at what they could have said and decided to say the opposite instead.

coleslawed and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  24. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter

I legit wouldn't put it past the toxic fans to call for a remake with Rian Johnson in the seat. "Rian's Johnson's experimental vision was what TROS needed, rather than J.J "rehash" Abrams" or something along those lines.

That's how idiotic and blind and ignorant to their own contradictions the pissboy fans are.

25. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

We don’t agree on much but I am 100% with you on this.