Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 181

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

The shot looks like the mirror on Ach-To.

coleslawed likes this.
  2. Dodge725

Trusted

If I’m not mistaken, the original article on StarWars.com had a little bit more explanation and was quickly changed to keep some of the mystery. The original wording points to what the scene actually is and should alleviate some of the concerns. I’ll leave it at that and you can look it up if you want to know.

coleslawed, bodkins and Dodger like this.
  3. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I think it's important to remember that whoever wrote than article hasn't seen the movie either and is using all the same clues as us to write the article.

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Its possible that they received a presser description from the marketing team or someone else in the know, and then an editor reviewed the page and noticed it revealed a bit too much, esp since it was on the original website.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. teebs41 Sep 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 8, 2019)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve seen some rumors that’s they’re doing some heavy reshoots, can anyone confirm this?

This is the source I guess.

7. bodkins

Trusted

lol they literally said don’t quote me, I wouldn’t pay much attention to that.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I wouldn’t be shocked. A lot of movies have reshoots

teebs41 likes this.
  9. Dodge725

Trusted

Black Series figures for Force Friday have leaked. No major surprises but my wallet is gonna be hurting with all the Rise of Skywalker, Mandalorian, and Jedi Fallen Order stuff coming out that day. I can’t wait!

ship90 and teebs41 like this.
  10. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

This is the same exact story for every big budget movie. Movie has reshoots/pick ups. News sites sensationalize it and frame it as the a problematic production for clicks. Often use the term “massive”. People freak out.

Rinse repeat.

11. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Every Star Wars movie under Disney has had reshoots.

coleslawed, bodkins and teebs41 like this.
  12. Greg

Gotta say, that’s a pretty weak selection of Black Series for TROS. There was way more for The Last Jedi right off the bat wasn’t there? I felt like I got a ton then.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

“Don’t quote me” is code for “I’m making this up for clicks so please don’t @ me once you watch the movie and hold me responsible”

Petit nain des Îles and bodkins like this.
  14. Dodge725

Trusted

I think there were more before the movie came out, but not necessarily for Force Friday. That first wave had the new Vader, Hera, and Thrawn in it too and that just off the top of my head. Plus there’s other major things they’re trying to promote now. I think once trailers start coming out there will be more announced and released before December.

Funko is where most of the “reveals” will be as they release a ton all at once and then any spoilery ones the week after the movie comes out.

15. bodkins

Trusted

Agreed. Of course they’re doing reshoots like all big films these days. I highly doubt “things aren’t looking good”. No way Kathleen and Disney let it get this far along and the film be in jeopardy, stakes are too high on this one.

Dodger likes this.
  16. Greg

I guess you’re right, after looking back at my force Friday haul photos from that year.

Then only ones I got that were from TLJ were Luke, Rey, and Kylo. I should be grateful, I have waaaay too many black series figures. I only want Rey and Kylo from wave 1. Last time I got those 3 and the 3 others you mentioned.

I only have a Switch, so I won’t be playing the game or caring for that stuff. I don’t care about the Jawa or the Sith Trooper, tbh.

17. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The party city in my town has 2 TROS costumes that they can’t even show photos of until October

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The best shot of TFA is a reshoot.

Dodger likes this.
  19. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

20. Greg

I bet it’s the close up of Rey closing her eyes to feel the force with Kylo all up in her face.

coleslawed and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Yup

Dodger likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

pretty cool that we are (presumably) only like 6-7 weeks away from another trailer and ticket release. feel like the time since april and the first trailer has absolutely flown by

Ken likes this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I know its been speculated but that seemingly has to confirm that hayden is in some way involved with this film, no?

24. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

That’s my guess. Ian has already spoken at SW Celebration.

bradsonemanband likes this.