Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 180

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Well probably because its assumed that Snoke killed off means hes somewhat irrelevant and we momst likely wont. He still may be or maybe he had some connection. 2 years of speculation and expecting answers and not only getting none of them, but also saying you wont even see him in the next movie I think at least its understandable why it was a let down.

but like you said we still could get answers in 9. While I may be in the minority I am hoping we get mention of him. Not necessarily a backstory or connection, just not simply ignoring he existed. Since JJ created him Im sure he will be though

aoftbsten likes this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I do remember thinking on my first watch that I thought we would get a little more out of his character before he died, but then my thought was I bet there will be some backstory given to him in IX.

It's not high on my list of things I want from the movie, but I do think JJ will give some backstory.

Dodger likes this.
  3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

seriously the dudes living a rockstar life and doesnt need pedants to feel sorry for him

aoftbsten and Ken like this.
  4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, i bet he doesnt care, and nor should he, and you make a good point but i dont think itll ever not bother me seeing a headline that someone else has “validated” an already incredible film

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

this stuff is as old as the idea of art

6. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I remember not knowing a single thing about the Emperor when he was revealed in Ep 5. Didn't know he existed, didn't know his name or backstory. Didn't care. I don't need a detailed explanation of who or why Snoke is.

7. Dodger

I think it’s awesome that (with the most possible posts per page) we have 100 pages and almost 4,500 posts already in this thread and the movie is still just shy of 4 months away. I’m sure that would be a record if chorus kept track of such a thing

So for everybody in here thats as nerdy as me about this awesome and ridiculous franchise.
    [​IMG]

aoftbsten and Ken like this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Heavily false with it going toe-to-toe with ESB. Maybe toe-to-toe with RotJ

Brother Beck likes this.
  9. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

you’re right, TLJ & Return are the best two.

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Right now I say toe-to-toe only because I don't think TLJ has been around long enough to say it is better. I honestly think TLJ captured the same lightning-in-a-bottle magic that Empire did where so many elements all came together to make a film that transcends not only it's series but its genre and even it's medium as a ticket selling modern blockbuster through the sheer power of storytelling and an extremely talented filmmaker firing in all cylinders to become a sort of modern day myth.

RotJ is a really good Star Wars movie.

11. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Nah. I’d say TLJ will probably be the worst of it’s trilogy, just like RotJ, but that doesn’t mean it’s bad. In the OT all of the films were good. It’s still above the PT.

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This girl has been tweeting all of the Star Wars movies and it's great, I think for the first time view judging by her reactions. She's on TLJ right now

FlayedManOfSF, ship90 and Dodger like this.
  13. ship90

Trusted

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lmao

15. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I was living for this this weekend. I think the Star Wars show contacted her about possibly being on as well. What a ray of sunshine.

aoftbsten likes this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I've been re-reading her threads. They are so wholesome and refreshing. It's so much fun to see someone discovering these for the first time. Her reactions to Return of the Jedi are my favorite.

FlayedManOfSF likes this.
  18. Dodger

Listening to ForceCenter about Dark Rey and hearing them go through all the theories/ possibilities has me nervous lol I agree that possession/clone theory kind of takes power away from the character.

I feel like JJ loves the character too much to reduce her to a fan-fictiony plot device because it sounds cool. But like Ken and Scrimshaw I’m just having a hard time with how this makes sense/will progress the character

I did like their idea that her opening herself up to the dark side to understand the entirety of the Force and confront her demons (like her anger at her parents perhaps) rather than ignore them which then triggers Palpatine to commune with her and maybe lure her (and Ben) to the Death Star?

Idk. Anybody have any thoughts on just where her character can go from here?

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i'd rather not speculate tbh and just wait for the film

coleslawed likes this.
  20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I feel like Palpatine is probably possessing her in some way

21. Dodger

Do you want that though? I think that ties into the manipulation of life angle from episode 3 and i dig the metaphorical aspect of Palpatine representing the dark side taking over somebody and you losing yourself but as ForceCenter mentioned then you lose the autonomy of her character and she’s not even Rey.

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don't really mind what's causing Rey to look the way she does as long as she didn't go full dark side. That theory just makes the most sense to me other than it being a vision.

Dodger likes this.
  23. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

I think if it’s a Palpatine possessing her, then it’s just for that scene. I don’t think they’ll have it be where she’s been possessed from the beginning. That leaves her autonomy, and allows for the possession angle.

Dodger likes this.
  24. FlayedManOfSF

Trusted

I'm just doing my best not to look at spoilers.

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  25. Dodger

True. If its like a momentary thing id be okay.

Have a hard time making sense if it’s a short thing how she’d already have a red lightsaber.

All I know is once again has me intrigued with this mystery box