Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 167

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

60216C43-C9A9-4880-9A4B-70391DF69560.jpeg

ship90 likes this.
  2. bodkins Aug 24, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 24, 2019)
    bodkins

Trusted

How are they leaning in on Rey going darkside for IX? Have a missed something? (Seriously asking cuz it’s hard to follow everything not trying to be an ass)
    Edit: just saw the bit on twitter about the red saber and black robes. Got it.

justin. likes this.
  3. bodkins

Trusted

Poster is really cool don’t get me wrong, but until a see this sizzle reel ain’t shit topped Ewan becoming Obi Wan again sorry.

justin., ship90, Dodger and 1 other person like this.
  4. Dodge725

Trusted

Plays With Ewoks?

Dodger likes this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

prequels are bad. im not even just talking about sw prequels. stop doing prequels unless you're the godfather, and you're not.

zmtr likes this.
  6. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I married a taun taun....we don’t need counseling

Dodge725 likes this.
  7. Prequels are bad but gave us clone wars series and Ashoka so their existence is allowed

Greg likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]

9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Dark side Rey with a double bladed red lightsaber? Hmmm could be cool but they’ll need a lot of explaining to convince me she joined the dark side

10. Omni

Regular

Sith!Rey has to be a nightmare or some sort of vision she has of a potential future. I'm not buying that she actually goes dark side. They're showing it out of context to get people talking.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If she was legitimately going to the dark side then they wouldn’t have shown a clip

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Remember when the internet lost its marbles at the quick scene in TLJ promo where rey was using kylos saber and it ended up really being nothing

I remember that

SteveLikesMusic, Dodger and ship90 like this.
  13. ship90

Trusted

:chin:

Dodger likes this.
  14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

15. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

He’s gonna posses Rey

16. Dodger

Rey’s just dressin up for Halloween guys. Let’s calm down

17. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Feel like the cast purposely misdirects with vague drops like that that tabloid blogs eat up. Still taking absolutely everything given to us with a grain of salt until i’m in the theater.

oncenowagain and Dodger like this.
  18. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Sweet poster. Still hoping Palpatine has a minimal role in this, but that poster definitely makes me think otherwise.

19. Dodger

I think he’ll have a pretty big role. If it was just a small one I think it would’ve been held as a surprise like Yoda. He’s been too big of a part in the marketing so far to just have a cameo or a couple scenes. Considering it seems like he’s going to try to convert Rey I’d say that’s significant.

20. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yeah. not my favorite tbh.

21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

22. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

so much for letting the past die I guess

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  23. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I mean, to be fair, that was the goal of the villain of the movie. I’m not sure we were supposed to support such a claim.

bodkins and aoftbsten like this.
  24. Dodger

Glad I saved this quote. Straight from Rian: "It's not ultimately where I come down in terms of the idealogical argument that I believe in," Johnson said. "For me, I always think that if you're cutting off the past, you're fooling yourself and you're just burying it somewhere where it's always going to come back. And the only way forward is where Rey actually lands, which is to build on the past."

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Still not letting any articles sway my feelings or expectations, nothing integral to the story will be released at all and i feel like we keep forgetting this every cycle.

oncenowagain likes this.