Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 165

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Wonder if there's a chance that Kylo is no longer even with the First Order in this film. I was thinking if, after the ending of TLJ, how he allowed his emotions and ego to distract him from the goal of capturing the rebels, they booted him, and he went off to form (or re-form) the KoR, which could explain him slicing down some storm troopers in the trailer. Rogue Kylo would be an interesting Kylo.

beachdude, Ken and aoftbsten like this.
  2. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I am so here for Rogue Kylo. Like and emo/bad guy Ethan Hunt.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I hope. The first order is lame, we barely even know about the leader (Snoke) that started them and why and they’re not interesting. If Kylo goes Solo then idc if we don’t see much of the first order.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  4. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I think early on Kylo will fuck something up and go looking for answers in the force and Hux will stage a coupe. I’ve loved the sibling rivalry-esque aspect of their relationship.

Ken likes this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

Is that spoiler anything huge? Don't care about knowing the runtime (which surely this isn't final as I'm sure they're still editing?) but if it's something related to the plot then no thanks.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i guess it, could be? i don't think it is, but, if you want your first viewing experience to be as unspoiled as possible, i wouldnt click it.

dlemert likes this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The spoiler tag regards the music in the film

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would love to hear duel of the fates during a Rey and Kylo fight.

9. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

If the runtime is around 2-15 id be a tad bummed. Obviously whatevers best for the movie but I want this to be an epic and I’m so used to long movies now lol I also feel like theres just so much story left it’s hard to imagine it’s 20 minutes shorter than TLJ.

Then again TLJ had three separate storylines going on which dragged out the run time and if the group is together more often I guess that makes sense. Idk I’m reading into a rumor too much.

Ughh 4 months...

10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

well some of that sounded good

SlappinCups likes this.
  11. bodkins

Trusted

I’m personally not putting too much stock into the “composer’s brother guessing the run time” bit. I’ll also assume whatever the run time is it’s whats right for the movie/saga.

Dodger likes this.
  12. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

oakhurst and aoftbsten like this.
  13. Dodger

Fucking great convo between Joseph and Ken on ForceCenter today. It’s centered around the new Jedi Secrets book that was announced and the few pages released but go much deeper into canon and interpretation stuff. If anybody’s not listening good one to start.

Greg likes this.
  14. ship90

Trusted

Little bits and bops from the D23 reel

SlappinCups likes this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Is D23 being streamed anywhere?

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Very nice but why is the Vader mask still around?

JeanRalphio likes this.
  17. bodkins

Trusted

Would you expect Kylo to just throw it away? lol

Brother Beck and Dodger like this.
  18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought it was destroyed

19. Dodger

I think Vader’s mask was on the super star destroyer kylo was on, not Starkiller

bodkins likes this.
  20. Dodger

Found this:
    “But even though he's taken up residence on the Supremacy Star Destroyer, he has not transferred all of his belongings — including that important Sith relic.

"Rescued from the Starkiller disaster, Kylo returns to his quarters aboard the Supremacy, Supreme Leader Snoke's vast flagship. Here, Kylo's isolation allows him to meditate on the Force. He has left Darth Vader's charred helmet aboard the Finalizer, perhaps not ready to face that visage until he recovers from his failure."

Dinosaurs Dish and bodkins like this.
  21. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

They Supremecy is fixed huh. Contractors in this galaxy are incredible.

spiffa0 likes this.
  22. bodkins

Trusted

His mask was on The Finalizer, Hux and Kylos flagship. Supremacy was the one that took the hit in TLJ.

Edit: yea what Dodger said.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  23. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, the fact that the Supremacy was somehow fixed after being ripped in half by another ship is a bit meh.

EDIT: Scratch that. Old quotes.

24. Dodger

That article was after the force awakens lol

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. Dodger

Oh god what did I just start. The Supremecy isn’t fixed people!!!!!

bodkins and xDumpweed182x like this.