Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 164

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I mean if they want to tell me about her past then Im in, if they dont then Im also still in

I dont think caring about her past is silly though like I do think that it is silly that people care/want that she be related to one of the legacy characters. esp since its become an important pillar to the storytelling to me that she be a “nobody”

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i don't think it's silly to care about characters pasts either but in this specific scenario, it just seems like it's the only story people think is worth telling.

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

either way Im sure it will be right for the story

“something inside me has always been there”

-Rey

4. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

(it’s the force)

bodkins and Greg like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

E3AA0C23-B2F0-4598-8545-D0620489F214.jpeg
    376C26F9-CF62-42E7-B526-0D08DDEDDE0D.jpeg
    AE32EF36-0B70-4D3A-BD81-916814A1C57C.jpeg
    FD3BDB6A-8419-41FA-AEFB-3A8FA7E3A368.jpeg
    1A4B8D0D-DC4F-421E-80D9-497505D4406D.jpeg

6. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

nice meme

7. way too much reading haha

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Its perfect haha

beachdude and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  9. JeanRalphio

Regular Supporter

Reys parents are the least interesting thing about this whole thing, never understood the fascination with that. They handled it well in TLJ and idk why we need more

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Abrams most likely had a plan when creating her character and may want to see it through

11. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

If they change anything about her lineage, my guess is that she was somehow created by Palpatine. At least that way you can still have her actual parents be nobodies.

12. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

That still sucks

13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

ive been saying forever

beachdude, coleslawed and JeanRalphio like this.
  14. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Them being nobodies is the reason it’s great.

beachdude, coleslawed and JeanRalphio like this.
  15. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Oh I'd definitely prefer it stays that way, but it sounds like they're still going to address something about her parentage. I'm hoping it's just her finding their graves or something.

Dodger likes this.
  16. ship90

Trusted

Hopefully we get a nice BTS vid from D23 since that is coming up soon :ok:

Dodger likes this.
  17. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

BTS would be cool. I'll hope for a poster at the very least. Really hoping for a Mandalorian trailer.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Maybe they’ll announce more surprise guest actors for TROS.

19. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

i dont think anyone around here is interested in that

i do find the being marooned on a remote planet with no memory thread a little interesting, whether theres more to it or not

beachdude and Dodger like this.
  20. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

1000% they’ll be releasing the Mandalorian trailer. I’d be astonished if they didn’t. It comes out in three months and there’s been nothing for the public.

And yea I’m hoping for a TROS poster as well since I won’t be watching anything more promotion wise. I need something to hold me over before November 12th!

21. Dodger

I want to know more about the parents and specifically really want her to have some closure with her parents in some shape or form.

Im really going in open to whatever story JJ wants to tell. I just don’t want her to be related to a Force user, especially somebody we already know or cloned or any crazy shit like that. Only way I’d be a little bummed.

22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'm just really interested in Kylo and how Palpatine plays into all of this. I want to truly know how this saga ends. I loved TFA and TLJ and I personally don't think Disney has ruined anything. I mean if it wasn't for them I'd never have a chance to ever step foot in the Millennium Falcon or be excited for new movies and shows.

23. Dodger

Honestly between The Last Jedi, Rebels, and the books Im astonished at how Disney has treated the Force and the Jedi. They actually brought the concept of "the gray jedi" (not that thats a real thing) to life. Theyve truly applied the Taoist philosophy to the Force which has always been my interpretation and its kind of awesome. Not to mention in TLJ resisting the temptation to make Luke a superhero and honoring pacifism instead.

I dread the future when eventually money is going to incite the perpetuation of Force being a superpower, but for now Im loving the direction.

24. oakhurst Aug 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2019)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.