Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 163

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

3. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

4. Why sigh? We were going to always get it one way or another. Rather have it in books/comics than in the film.

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I don’t mind getting a deeper richer background in the comics rather than a thin and forced exposition in the film that plays no importance in the main narrative.

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah i’m way happier to still get his/their backstory but not have to devote 30/45mins of movie to it

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Dodger likes this.
  8. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

9. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

has it ever even been confirmed that it was her parents that were flying away in the starship? i think that's what we all assume(d)? but them being nobodies buried in the dessert would lend belief that it probably wasn't them in the starship?

idk i guess i just don't really care any more about finding out anything further about rey's parents lol

coleslawed likes this.
  10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m placing bets that the trailer will be during the Oct 21st MNF game between the Patriots and Jets.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I dont remember the spaceship scene but is it possible that she was one of the young Luke disciples, and placed on Jakku memory wiped when things went south with Kylo?

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

would say that's a good bet, the monday before is Lions/Packers and following is Dolphins/Steelers

Thought maybe the Fins/Steelers ratings would not be as high as the other divisional games so maybe theyd want viewers to tune in for that, but one of those 3 games i would say 110% is the target.

13. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

That makes sense but I feel like for RO/TLJ it was both in the second week of October. Could be wrong. I’ll guess the Lions/Packers but one of those two fo sho

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

TFA was Giants/Eagles, TLJ was Vikings/Bears, so it may be just coincidence but it seems like they target high viewership divisional games. Patriots/Jets is likely the mark to hit if that's what they're going for.

Dodger likes this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

can't wait for football lol

16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I hope we getting some smaller tidbits of news like posters or new toys for the next trailer. I'm not sure I'm ready for another 2-3 months of trailer date speculation again haha.

17. nothing regarding the Jets qualifies as high viewership

sorry @Max_123

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lol Jets are gonna be down by 35 at the half no reason to tune in, and I'm a Jets fan

Dodger and spiffa0 like this.
  19. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Trailer drop during a Bills preseason game

Alba, Dodger, aoftbsten and 1 other person like this.
  20. bodkins

Trusted

This was a theory of mine after my initial watch of TFA (seeing how Kylo was able to enter peoples minds and pull out details), but this doesn’t line up timewise with canon that has been established since.

Your Milkshake, coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

also kinda seems like that's something she would have found out/been told in TLJ

bodkins and Dodger like this.
  22. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It would be weird for Luke to ask her “who are you?” in TLJ if she was his padawan. But then again, he did learn the art of withholding information from Obi-wan and Yoda.

23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

if in this film, rey and luke have a moment like luke/obiwan had on dagobah and he reveals he actually did know who she was at the time but was testing her in some way, i don't think i'd hate it, but i dont expect it at all, mostly because, as i have already stated, i no longer care about rey's past lol

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

it feels like there could be several ways to explain it. idk.

25. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah it definitely wouldnt be a crazy development to explain

maybe asking her who she is because maybe her name wasn't actually rey when he left her and he wanted to see if she knew who she really was

im getting too ahead of myself

Your Milkshake likes this.