Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 162

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

oakhurst likes this.
  2. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t mind time travel in SW. If Marvel can pull it off then SW can.

4. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I would prefer not

Dodger likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I honestly keep forget this is coming out this year, it really doesn't feel like there's a ton of anticipation for it unfortunately

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i think there’s plenty of anticipation but people have been far more preoccupied with the other huge films that have come out this spring and summer so far.

bodkins likes this.
  7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

although i will say it’s been a bummer that i’ve been to the movies a bunch since SWC and only seen this trailer on the big screen once. I wonder if they were only playing it ahead of Endgame?

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This will pick up steam around September/October

9. dlemert

Trusted

I feel there's about a 1% chance this movie goes the time travel route. This is a fantasy franchise merely disguised as sci-fi, after all.

And yeah, it's a little weird I've only seen the teaser once at the movies this year so far. I'm guessing they're holding back until late summer after all the current Marvel hullabaloo has played its way out of theaters? You'd think they'd want to capitalize on that audience though.

Or maybe they just figure at this point if you haven't dug TFA or TLJ up to now then you're not gonna see this one anyway, and vice versa.

aoftbsten likes this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

nah, every single fanboy troll who hated TLJ is still absolutely gonna see this if for no other reason than to bitch about it on twitter - and they know they’re still gonna get that money. My assumption is that if they really are worried about “oversaturating” star wars, they might be holding back until the fall to ramp this up.

sawhney[rusted]2 and coleslawed like this.
  11. It's also the "end of the skywalker saga" so people who may not have seen the others in theaters might be curious enough to see the end of something.

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

normal brain: amnesia

big brain: amnesia and time travel

13. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I don't recall seeing the trailers for TFA or TLJ in summer months either. I think everyone and their mother saw Endgame and it was in front of that, so it's not like it hasn't been exposed at all. Come October, this is going to be everywhere you look.

Dodger likes this.
  14. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like I'm in a good spot for this movie, personally. Besides playing Battlefront II fairly regularly, I have kept myself out of Star Wars mode, and now I'm ready to actually start getting excited for this last one. I'm in the (lucky) minority that actually loved TLJ so my expectations for this movie are pretty wide open. Maybe they'll retcon a lot of shit, but who knows.

ship90, smowashere and aoftbsten like this.
  15. I'll be hitting the new books pretty hard in the fall when they come out

Dodger and aoftbsten like this.
  16. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I haven't watched any of the movies in over a year and as a result, my anticipation is sky-high. I'm going to hold out for a few more months and then probably do a marathon before The Mandalorian comes out.

Dodger likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I saw the TLJ trailer in front of many movies from May - December. I thought it was unnecessary.

18. bodkins

Trusted

I saw the trailer before Aladdin, Homecoming, and Endgame. Pretty sure it’s just gonna vary theatre to theatre.

19. ship90

Trusted

Closer look at one of the KOR and the new Sith Troopers. I’m getting pretty pumped about the KOR

35DBF107-4A39-4737-93DF-B1689D03ACB1.jpeg
    9F4BA8C0-4750-4D56-B4F4-CFDF30F4FB0D.jpeg
    2DDCFBC5-D4A0-4764-9853-06D66807E990.jpeg

justin. likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck that’s cool

21. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

brrrrrruh yes

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

C3PO has a gold arm again hmmm

23. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

He actually had his gold arm back at the end of TFA when they’re all waving goodbye to Rey. He has it in TLJ too.

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Oh lol I never noticed

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

DC6BA48E-FFA8-4C28-89CE-4E2153F7B020.jpeg