Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 161

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. ship90

Trusted Supporter

B1188EF6-A495-419C-BE64-9A02A368184C.png
    You can see the new Sith logo/emblem as well

2. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

folks i’ll be honest i can’t wait for this movie

3. Dodge725

Trusted

Palpatine could take over the First Order, reinstall the Sith, and then kick out Kylo to help spur his redemption.

4. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i, like, incredibly highly doubt palpatine is a sentient-enough being to take anything over lol

Cameron and coleslawed like this.
  5. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Palpatine’s behind it all!

6. Lepi182

Trusted Supporter

So I was just browsing youtube and came across an interview with Daisy (she's doing press for Ophelia), and she just happened to say something I hadn't heard about TROS. She says that "the interesting thing about this film is that we've been concentrating on the fact that [lightsabers] are light[weight] because the lightsabers [in TFA and TLJ] were so heavy. As Eunice[?] said, who was our new stunt coordinator, it was more like broadsword fighting, which isn't technically what it's supposed to be because lightsabers are supposed to be light[weight] by nature. So they actually made the lightsabers lighter for us. We, in this film have, perhaps, one of the most epic fights in Star Wars. Stay tuned."

Ken, coleslawed and aoftbsten like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

That’s all I really want. Give me a great lightsaber battle. Rey and Ben vs Sheev and his spin.

David Parke likes this.
  8. As long as they don’t look like the prequel fights, we good.

sawhney[rusted]2, Greg and Dodger like this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Yeah, I don’t want another Mustafar type fight where the fighters swing their sabers around instead of actually trying to make contact.

I would like to see Rey or Kylo railing down on someone in spirit of how Luke treated Vader in VI.

Ken likes this.
  10. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Still hoping Palpatine has a minimal role and there are no force ghosts fighting him.

11. [​IMG]

12. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

no way the choreography isnt good

sawhney[rusted]2, Ken and aoftbsten like this.
  13. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Same here. I really don't know where they are going with this story. The title totally throws me off. It's exciting.

14. aoftbsten Jul 11, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 11, 2019)
    aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Rey & Kylo's fight in TFA is one of my favorites. I have no doubt JJ will kill it here too.

15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah the fights from the last two films have been incredible. anticipating more for the finale

sawhney[rusted]2, Cameron and Dodger like this.
  16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

The fight with Rey and Kylo is one of my favorites mostly because it took place in the snow and it looked really good.

17. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

My friend works at Apple and was on the team that designed the new Pro Display that just came out and he said they used that fight scene all the time for their testing because of the extreme dynamic range in it between the darkness of the background and the brightness from the lightsabers

aoftbsten and justin. like this.
  18. tvck

Trusted

What? You don't like unnecessary flips and spins?
    [​IMG]

David Parke likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

some of the stuff in this makes my head hurt. Speculation of time travel has me pretty worried, but I could totally see it.

20. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

If you’ve seen Rebels, and assume it’s handled the way they did it, you wouldn’t be worried, IMO.

bodkins likes this.
  21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

do these guys have any history of being correct with predictions or is this just wild speculation?

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They always wildly speculate, but are correct way more often than anyone should be. They don't have a ton to go off in here, but some of the stuff they bring up in regards to what I mentioned either makes sense or were huge pieces that were overlooked.

23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

It was done so well in Rebels that it almost feels like something different from time-travel. I wouldn't be mad if it played out like that.

I wouldn't take that RLM prediction video seriously though. It's meant to be a funny/snarky thing that goes for some of the worst possible outcomes. I think they've gotten a few things right in the past or things that were close enough, but again they go over the top on purpose.

coleslawed likes this.
  24. bodkins

Trusted

yes to these

25. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know what day the toys and merchandise are released in stores this year?