Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (J.J. Abrams, December 20, 2019) Movie • Page 160

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Jason Tate, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

The Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Skywalkers

2. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Ya but alliteration

3. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

I like that title better

4. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I SO BADLY wanted to add "like poetry" to my previous post a bunch of posts back, but I have turned a corner and have decided I am not going to rag on George Lucas as much anymore. At least not today.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

6. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

we already know the answer though

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  7. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Sean Murphy likes this.
  8. The rise of clickbait headlines for shit we already know is more like it.

9. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

MovieWeb is almost as bad as CBM.

Jason Tate and aoftbsten like this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Is it clickbait if a quote is provided that covers exactly what the title of the article promises?

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

the title of the article implies that we are finding out new information. we are learning the "real story" as if to imply what we know from TLJ is fake or will be retconned. Daisy's quote simply says that by the end of the movie, we will "know the deal", which as far as we know, we already do.

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

nothing is worse though than an article with some sort of "Did this just confirm a MAJOR star wars fan theory???" title lol

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

According to the quote we are going to get new information though. How else do you read “the question is answered”? The quote doesn’t say the question has already been answered.

14. Why are you arguing this in two threads when it's so painstakingly clear why, now both, of these titles are clickbait?

coleslawed, Joe4th and phaynes12 like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

All of the replies I’ve read have dealt more with emotions that the theme of the articles have brought forth which has resulted in taking the titles in ways in which they were not stated.

But alright, I’ll wave the white flag on this one. I didn’t intend for the links to start clickbait debates as I didn’t see them that way. I thought more interesting conversations would come from them.

16. Really though, no one should link to Movieweb, it's trash.

Joe4th, phaynes12 and quietwords like this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Which entertainment news sources do you guys use

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

when it comes to a franchise like Star Wars, with as much secrecy surrounding production as it has, I usually don't even bother reading articles unless there are direct quotes from Abrams/Johnson/Kennedy. Everything else is just wild speculation with someone claiming to have an inside scoop, or taking random quotes from actors completely out of context.

coleslawed likes this.
  19. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

twitter dot com

Mrplum5089 likes this.
  20. ship90

Trusted

Little bit of something for today

Cameron and theagentcoma like this.
  21. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Since it’s a Sith Trooper I’m guessing it has force abilities?

22. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Nah. Probably just never misses it's targets.

David Parke likes this.
  23. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

My guess is they're just called that because of the red armor.

24. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Definitely interesting considering Snoke wasn’t Sith and Kylo talking to Rey said something like “let the Jedi and the Sith die”.

Change of heart or something with Palpatine maybe.

coleslawed likes this.
  25. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

I would assume they are Sith because they work for a Sith? Not sure if I want troopers with force powers.